Loading .gpx files on to Etrex 30

Gatwick Girl

Hi everyone, I'm not sure whether my problem is similar to what others have had, but here goes....

I'm planning a series of 25 caches in a loop tomorrow and I have successfully downloaded all 25 on to my Etrex 30, (I can see all 25 listed when I plug it into my laptop via the USB cable - see attached screenshot).  However, when I switch the Etrex on, 7 are missing and the other 17 are there.  I've deleted everything and started again, but the same 7 caches are missing.

Any ideas please?  Thanks.

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, Gatwick Girl said:

Hi everyone, I'm not sure whether my problem is similar to what others have had, but here goes....

I'm planning a series of 25 caches in a loop tomorrow and I have successfully downloaded all 25 on to my Etrex 30, (I can see all 25 listed when I plug it into my laptop via the USB cable - see attached screenshot).  However, when I switch the Etrex on, 7 are missing and the other 17 are there.  I've deleted everything and started again, but the same 7 caches are missing.

Any ideas please?  Thanks.

Untitled.png

What do you get if you go to "Show Found " on the GPS?  This was the situation when I had a similar problem with my Montana. Even though I had not  found them, I had marked them as Needs  Maintenance,  and the GPS interpreted that as Found.

Edited by NanCycle
wrong word
1 hour ago, NanCycle said:

What do you get if you go to "Show Found " on the GPS?  This was the solution when I had a similar problem with my Montana. Even though I had not  found them, I had marked them as Needs  Maintenance,  and the GPS interpreted that as Found.

My "Show Found"/"Recent Finds" icon seems to have disappeared, but I don't know if this is anything to do with the missing caches!

What screen are they 'missing' from?  I mean, are you not seeing the 7 on the map screen of your eTrex or are they missing when you view the list of caches in "Geocaches" screen?

Have you checked to make sure you don't have any filters applied in the GPSr? Is there a common thread across the 'missing' caches that differentiates them from the ones that aren't missing?

24 minutes ago, noncentric said:

What screen are they 'missing' from?  I mean, are you not seeing the 7 on the map screen of your eTrex or are they missing when you view the list of caches in "Geocaches" screen?

Have you checked to make sure you don't have any filters applied in the GPSr? Is there a common thread across the 'missing' caches that differentiates them from the ones that aren't missing?

They were missing from the list in "Geocaches" but I have now discovered they are on the map.  After a lot of twiddling and resetting I think I've fixed it but I'm not really sure how...!!!   Many thanks for the advice though!    :-)