Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sdobberstein

PN-40

3 posts in this topic

Hello,  I am very new to geocaching.  I just found a new/unopened DeLorme Earthmate PN-40 in my garage.  I have learned that Garmin bought DeLorme and I have already contacted them, but they refused to help (sorry, not our product).  I have downloaded the system updates but cannot figure out how to get my computer and geocache.com to "talk" to the GPS and send geocaches.  I think I need a plug-in (which is what I contacted Garmin about).  I tried to download Garmin's alternative but keep getting a message that I have a Chrome window open (as directed I'm using Internet Explorer) and I know I have no windows open.  I also made Garmin a trusted site and tried loading through Firefox.  Any suggestions?  I'd really like to use this device.  Thanks!

This thread might help.  Also found this Garmin support page.

The forum thread above dates from 2009, so I would anticipate that this might not be an easy project to work with an 8-year-old piece of hardware.  But I'm sure that there are cachers out there who still use it, so if they can make it work, hopefully you can, too!

What operating system are you using? If you are using windows you can load caches using gsak. Was a version of delorme's topo included? This was windows only too. I still use its big brother successfully with gsak. But If you use a Mac I am not sure there is any solution.