Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
C&U

Wherigo App not working on iOS11

7 posts in this topic

Starting from iOS11 the Wherigo App get's no coordinate updates from GPS and is therefore unusable on iOS11.

The App will display the Location from laucnch of the app constantly.

The Direction (Compass) updates but the location will remain at the initial location.

I moved this thread from the iPhone App forum section.  As far as I know, the official iPhone geocaching app is not also a Wherigo player.

5 hours ago, Keystone said:

I moved this thread from the iPhone App forum section.  As far as I know, the official iPhone geocaching app is not also a Wherigo player.

That's why I'm here.  Several years ago, Groundspeak bought an interest in spstanley's iOS Wherigo app, making it the only officially-recognized Wherigo app.

He should be monitoring the hardware section of this forum.

1 hour ago, Ranger Fox said:

That's why I'm here.  Several years ago, Groundspeak bought an interest in spstanley's iOS Wherigo app, making it the only officially-recognized Wherigo app.

He should be monitoring the hardware section of this forum.

I am now!  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll take a look at the issue, but the first thing to check would be that the Wherigo app has location services permission (Settings->Privacy->Location Services->Wherigo).

10 hours ago, C&U said:

Starting from iOS11 the Wherigo App get's no coordinate updates from GPS and is therefore unusable on iOS11.

The App will display the Location from laucnch of the app constantly.

The Direction (Compass) updates but the location will remain at the initial location.

I tested this with iOS 11 and an iPhone 7 and the location updated correctly.  Please check your Location Services settings for the Wherigo app; they’re likely disabled.

Thank you for testing it!  I still have iOS 10.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've never used the Wherigo app until yesterday but was hit by this issue. I have an iPhone 8+ running IOS 11.0.2 and the only time the GPS location updated was as application start. I've checked that location is turned on in Privacy and it is. Please can an update / fix be issued to correct this problem.

Thanks.

Edited by Gisby