One signature, multiple Found It logs

Regarding the OP - I have seen 'team names' used in physical log books and don't have a problem with it, as long as the cacher notes that they 'signed as [teamname]' in their online log. In my mind, the idea is that the CO should be able to reconcile the signatures in the physical log with the online log. If cachers don't sign their username in the physical log, then they should indicate in their online log what name they did use.

Of course, there may be problems with reconciliation because logs get wet, lost, ink smears, etc. That's not the fault of the finder and is tangential to the point I'm trying to make here.

Granted...I'm probably in the minority here when I say that I'd prefer being out all by my lonesome any day of the week and that caching with someone else just doesn't appeal to me at all. Not to say I never would, just that it is a totally different experience even when my wife and/or kids are along (when I can actually convince them to go along with me). Me being the responsible adult, that often means I have to pass up certain caches that have a degree of risk involved where I could potentially get stuck somewhere...or injured...or even killed...without anyone knowing my location.

So basically my statement about 30+ people actually probably could also be stated as 3+ people, because I really just want to do this stuff on my own. I'm not antisocial...I'm just not in this to be social. There's a difference.

I am similar, in that I prefer to cache solo, or with just 1-2 other cachers. However, I have cached in the company of muggles, which is great as long as they are patient and don't mind waiting for me.

I agree with the consensus that use of ad-hoc team names for groups caching is common and accepted practice.

I do 90% of my caching alone or with Mrs Redsox (who doesn't have an account). When I cache in a group, whether we use a team or not depends on the type of caching. If we are just finding one (long and difficult) multi stage puzzle cache which has a final with a large logbook (which I did the other day), we will each sign our own names, and add comments too. If we are doing a long trail with many caches, and especially if the logs are mainly logsheets and not larger logbooks, then we use a team name for saving both time and space.

I am not the kind of person who likes being in big groups. However from time to time it is nice to meet up and cache with a group of the local cachers. why? Because as much as this is a individual game it is one we all play together. When I hide a cache these are the main ones who are going to find it. When I find a cache there is a good chance they might be the ones who hid it. It can be cool to get to know them. Also when out you can pick up on things they like about hides and things they don't like. Maybe some of there styles of hiding. I think meeting them and a little caching together is a good thing.