Black Ford Pickup

MattandLaura

Could that ford be explosis? Just a guess.

I dropped off one of fractal's stickers in a cache in bend today. Then, at the next cache we met some geocachers from eugene that had just been to the cache we placed the sticker in. needless to say he grabbed it.

3 hours from portland, the sticker stayed in a cache for less than 25 minutes. popular stuff.

I'm currently looking for a better place to have them made.. I'm even investigating the purchase of my own vinyl cutter... Anyone got one? icon_wink.gif

I would just hand out the file and have everyone make their own, but it's so much more fun to have people search for them icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I did just send the file to another cacher. I believe they are going to have some made and distribute them as well.

Oh.. and my decal is on my purple Neon.. So if ya see me, honk and say hi...

fractal-geo-decal.jpg

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

frac-tri.gif

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

[This message was edited by fractal on April 14, 2002 at 07:05 PM.]

I'm currently looking for a better place to have them made.. I'm even investigating the purchase of my own vinyl cutter... Anyone got one? icon_wink.gif

I would just hand out the file and have everyone make their own, but it's so much more fun to have people search for them icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I did just send the file to another cacher. I believe they are going to have some made and distribute them as well.

Oh.. and my decal is on my purple Neon.. So if ya see me, honk and say hi...

fractal-geo-decal.jpg

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

frac-tri.gif

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

[This message was edited by fractal on April 14, 2002 at 07:05 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

Fractal,

I work in the sign business, and unless you are planning to start selling custom lettering to the public, it's not worth the expense. They run about $4K to start.

Let me know how many you want and the size and I will get you a quote from my company.

quote:

Fractal,

I work in the sign business, and unless you are planning to start selling custom lettering to the public, it's not worth the expense. They run about $4K to start.

Let me know how many you want and the size and I will get you a quote from my company.

Explosis, I already tried doing something like that a couple weeks ago, they told me since it had no trackable position (unless of course I had an expensive tracking system hooked up to it) finding my rig would be mostly luck, so it was a no go.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

quote:
I thought it was a good idea. I guess if caches like 'Port-a-potty' get approved, mine just suck.

Judging by the number of times I've read in the forums about people with your idea and the number of log entries on Port-a-potty I would say that just because an idea is approved or not doesn't make it a good idea (or not icon_wink.gif )

I would've looked for your truck (hey, I still will and you'll get feedback when I spot you!).

I understand why it wasn't approved, but thought I'd fan the flames..

quote:
I thought it was a good idea. I guess if caches like 'Port-a-potty' get approved, mine just suck.

Judging by the number of times I've read in the forums about people with your idea and the number of log entries on Port-a-potty I would say that just because an idea is approved or not doesn't make it a good idea (or not icon_wink.gif )

I would've looked for your truck (hey, I still will and you'll get feedback when I spot you!).

I understand why it wasn't approved, but thought I'd fan the flames..

Many years ago Roland made a cheap vinyl cutter I almost bought. I was curious if they still made them so I did a search. The 8" model is $499. I have no idea how reliable they are.

In Portland:

http://www.pacificcoastsignsupply.com/catalog/pg_69.htm

The decal paper seems interesing, but I think users would have to by some kind of clear spray coating.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=decal+printer+paper&btnG=Google+Search

Many years ago Roland made a cheap vinyl cutter I almost bought. I was curious if they still made them so I did a search. The 8" model is $499. I have no idea how reliable they are.

In Portland:

http://www.pacificcoastsignsupply.com/catalog/pg_69.htm

The decal paper seems interesing, but I think users would have to by some kind of clear spray coating.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=decal+printer+paper&btnG=Google+Search

quote:
Originally posted by explosis:

Well it didn't get approved. The text of it was that you had to go around and photograph different geocacher's vehicles with the geocaching sticker in the picture. I thought it was a good idea. I guess if caches like 'Port-a-potty' get approved, mine just suck.

Even though it didn't get approved, I noticed that we can still log it as a find icon_biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmm...

-fractal

quote:
Originally posted by explosis:

Well it didn't get approved. The text of it was that you had to go around and photograph different geocacher's vehicles with the geocaching sticker in the picture. I thought it was a good idea. I guess if caches like 'Port-a-potty' get approved, mine just suck.

Even though it didn't get approved, I noticed that we can still log it as a find icon_biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmm...

-fractal

quote:
Fractal 1: Even though it didn't get approved, I noticed that we can still log it as a find

Cool, this is the first cache I've put on my watch list that was never active. I feel so sneaky icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Fractal 2: Looks like I'll have to climb up there and put some decals in it

You go ahead and do that. I'll just sit here looking at my yellow decal and remember why I got to tree hugger before anyone else icon_wink.gif

quote:
Fractal 1: Even though it didn't get approved, I noticed that we can still log it as a find

Cool, this is the first cache I've put on my watch list that was never active. I feel so sneaky icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Fractal 2: Looks like I'll have to climb up there and put some decals in it

You go ahead and do that. I'll just sit here looking at my yellow decal and remember why I got to tree hugger before anyone else icon_wink.gif

well, i'll give a $5 gift certificate to the barley mill for anyone (other than oregone and explosis and bellemanda) who knows my california plates. if it were a geocache, i'd give it a difficulty of 3 and a terrain of 1 (not a very tough car).

If there's gravity, then how you explain birds?!?

I am always shut out of the good deals! And Laurencat, if you were a geocache your terrain would be much higher than a 1! More like a 2.5. And you don't have a sticker on your little car!

But i think i see what they approval committee mean, we can't have manic geocachers running around snapping photos of eachother. Think if traffic alone! If we are shaking our Etrex at eachother driving down I-5 now, imagine what it would be like if there was an actual log involved!

icon_wink.gif

I am always shut out of the good deals! And Laurencat, if you were a geocache your terrain would be much higher than a 1! More like a 2.5. And you don't have a sticker on your little car!

But i think i see what they approval committee mean, we can't have manic geocachers running around snapping photos of eachother. Think if traffic alone! If we are shaking our Etrex at eachother driving down I-5 now, imagine what it would be like if there was an actual log involved!

icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bellemanda:

Laurencat, if you were a geocache your terrain would be much higher than a 1!.icon_wink.gif

Well, here is the definition of a "3":

Not suitable for small children. (The average adult or older child should be OK depending on physical condition. Terrain is likely off-trail. May have one or more of the following: some overgrowth, some steep elevation changes, or more than a 2 mile hike.)

icon_smile.gif

20024141343085458804117.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by bellemanda:

Laurencat, if you were a geocache your terrain would be much higher than a 1!.;)

Not suitable for small children. (The average adult or older child should be OK depending on physical condition. Terrain is likely off-trail. May have one or more of the following: some overgrowth, some steep elevation changes, or more than a 2 mile hike.)

icon_smile.gif

20024141343085458804117.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by The Tungsten Jihad!:

_Not suitable for small children. (The average adult or older child should be OK depending on physical condition. Terrain is likely off-trail. May have one or more of the following: some overgrowth, some steep elevation changes, or more than a 2 mile hike.)_

icon_smile.gif

Oh. My. God.

This is too much.

Steep elevation changes?

I can't stop laughing.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by The Tungsten Jihad!:

_Not suitable for small children. (The average adult or older child should be OK depending on physical condition. Terrain is likely off-trail. May have one or more of the following: some overgrowth, some steep elevation changes, or more than a 2 mile hike.)_

icon_smile.gif

Oh. My. God.

This is too much.

Steep elevation changes?

I can't stop laughing.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Nice decal. Was wondering if you could send Lori the file.

Or do I feel another geocaching trip comming on.......

quote:

3 posts in a row from me... Yeah.. I got no life icon_biggrin.gif

No one has found my Tree Hugger cache in almost a month.. Looks like I'll have to climb up there and put some decals in it icon_wink.gif

-fractal

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

12 caches in 12 hours.

Nice decal. Was wondering if you could send Lori the file.

Or do I feel another geocaching trip comming on.......

quote:

3 posts in a row from me... Yeah.. I got no life icon_biggrin.gif

No one has found my Tree Hugger cache in almost a month.. Looks like I'll have to climb up there and put some decals in it icon_wink.gif

-fractal

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

12 caches in 12 hours.