Merging two profiles

bonniecrocker

I tried searching for this but maybe didn't use the right criteria? I have an old profile with 12 finds. I started geocaching several years ago and then gave it up. I started a new profile. I'm now a premium member. Is there any way to merge my old profile with my new profile so I have credit for the 12 finds? Thank you!

There isn't a way to merge profiles, but I would just relog them with your new account, making sure to post something like "Originally logged as {oldname} but have a new profile now" or something like that so that the cache owner knows in case they verify the physical logbook. Since you only have 12 finds under the old account, that should be pretty easy to do.

It's up to you, of course, but I'd just leave them as a relic of a previous life. To me, having them logged in my new account would be uninteresting. Much more interesting to me would be leaving open the possibility of someday going back on a nostalgia trip and log finding them again, assuming they aren't all archived.

There isn't a way to merge profiles, but I would just relog them with your new account, making sure to post something like "Originally logged as {oldname} but have a new profile now" or something like that so that the cache owner knows in case they verify the physical logbook. Since you only have 12 finds under the old account, that should be pretty easy to do.

Brings up an interesting point...

Say you re-log them all under the new name with the correct dates. Would you delete the original log or leave it in place?

It's up to you, of course, but I'd just leave them as a relic of a previous life. To me, having them logged in my new account would be uninteresting. Much more interesting to me would be leaving open the possibility of someday going back on a nostalgia trip and log finding them again, assuming they aren't all archived.

Well I've already repeated one near the house but the others are unlikely as they are all over Europe and actually it's the nostalgia that made me want to bring them over to my new account. Once I go back to the US, very doubtful I'll ever come back to those places again. I'll have to think about this.

I'm now a premium member.

Your profile says you're not.

Try logging out and log back in to see if it changes over.

Did you put PM under your old account? :)

Yes, I did. I realized it after I posted. See what you are dealing with? I'm easily confused. :unsure:

:)

Well, guess now you may have to contact Groundspeak through their Help Center, if you still want the name you started this thread with.

Trying to change it now, the user name change might say that you can't, since there's already a member with the name bonniecrocker. :D

Maybe mention it's the "merging two profiles" thread in "how do I?" in the forums, so they understand (JIC).

Yes, I did. I realized it after I posted. See what you are dealing with? I'm easily confused. :unsure:

Well, guess now you may have to contact Groundspeak through their Help Center, if you still want the name you started this thread with.

Trying to change it now, the user name change might say that you can't, since there's already a member with the name bonniecrocker. :D

Maybe mention it's the "merging two profiles" thread in "how do I?" in the forums, so they understand (JIC).

Good idea. I contacted them through help as you suggested. It's not that big of a deal. I was hoping there might be some easy way since the real easy way seemed to have escaped me :rolleyes: . Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I am waiting to hear what they say.

Good idea. I contacted them through help as you suggested. It's not that big of a deal. I was hoping there might be some easy way since the real easy way seemed to have escaped me :rolleyes: . Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I am waiting to hear what they say.

I think you could change the name of the new profile to something else and that would free up the "bonniecrocker" name so you could reuse it. I'm not totally sure, but it's worth a try.

I think you could change the name of the new profile to something else and that would free up the "bonniecrocker" name so you could reuse it. I'm not totally sure, but it's worth a try.

Maybe showing age, but doesn't it have to be an inactive account with no finds for that?

They did enter finds on the account with others' advice (not noticing the PM "glitch").

- I couldn't take a name from an inactive/no find account shortly after joining, yet there's a newer person from '09 with it now, so maybe things have changed... :)

Maybe showing age, but doesn't it have to be an inactive account with no finds for that?

They did enter finds on the account with others' advice (not noticing the PM "glitch").

These days, you don't need to get HQ to make the change for you. You can go in yourself and change your own name, as long as your desired new name isn't already in use.

If you have control of both user accounts (which seems to be the case with the OP), you can change the name of account 1 to something totally different, and then change the name of account 2 to the be name formerly used by account 1.