"Friend to Find (FTF)" Badge

PlasmaWave

What is happening about the "Friend to Find (FTF)" submissions?

No contact from geocaching.com after submitting a form two days ago, on the second day of the allowed period, after persuading my daughter to try caching. TBH we couldn't believe the faff involved: having to sign multiple forms, sending photos, sending log URLs and separate third party photo permission forms from both of us - daughter said "if this is what caching involves, can't see me finding many caches!". All this for a badge, not even a souvenir. Anyway, no acknowledgement received after submitting the forms and no badge code received.

Has anyone received anything from geocaching.com after submitting an FTF form?

Edited by PlasmaWave

With the duck promotion I am fairly certain they distributed the code to everyone who qualified AFTER the event was over. I imagine there is considerable time involved in processing all the "faff" in hundreds or thousands of applications.

I'm not entirely sure why there's an important distinction between one clump of pixels on one part of a profile, or a different clump of pixels on a different part of a profile, but I am reasonably certain that nobody has forced you to participate.