Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
MrVon

Field notes and Favorite Points

When will the field notes function and the posibility to give Favoritepoints be added yo the New official app?

This is absolutely a requirement for using the New application.

I know that the app 'Cachely' allows you to give favorite points. But I don't know if it allows you to access field notes.

I still use the old app, until IT is available in the New. I wish to support Groundspeak, and they have promised to implement all the old funktions in the New app. But why havent they?

I am 100% behind the need for Favorite point support in app! This is one of the things that bugs me most about the App.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Field Notes were designed to be just that: "Notes taken in the field until you could get to your computer and log them."

The rationale behind not having them now is probably that if you're on your phone, you're AT your computer! No NEED for Field Notes!

Personally, if I'm in the woods or on the side of the road and I have a great story to tell about a cache, I don't necessarily want to compose a well-crafted log while being bitten by mosquitos, or buzzed by trucks, or impatiently waited for by my kids. I want to be able to jot down a few words to remind me and move on, just like I do when I use my GPSr!

Plus, my phone typing SOCKS!

I've done a little testing of the app, but I can't use it for real geocaching until it supports field notes.

On the other hand, since I always use field notes and submit my logs later from a real computer with a real keyboard, I have no need for the ability to add Favorite points from the app.

Same, field notes it important to me. I use an other app because of it

I know that the app 'Cachely' allows you to give favorite points. But I don't know if it allows you to access field notes.

Cachely is an iPhone app not available on the Android system (yet?).

When will the field notes function and the posibility to give Favoritepoints be added yo the New official app?

This is absolutely a requirement for using the New application.

I totally agree, how can you not include something as basic as favorites. Also, the distance drives me bonkers. It works off your primary language in Android. e.g. US or Canada English = distance in miles or KM's....stupid.