extreme geocaching

So if you don't know, a city in northern Alberta (Fort Mcmurray) had its entire 80,000+ population evacuated due to an enormous forest fire. The fire destroyed thousands of homes and buildings. Hundreds of firefighters, dozens of aircraft and the help of the whole country saved most of the city with no lives lost, or major injuries as a direct result.

So you're a firefighter working for a week straight, little rest, hard work. What do you do when you get a moment to yourself? Go geocaching in a disaster zone of course. Considering everything, I'd say it's an extreme geocaching adventure.

See this Reddit page for more info, and to see the log.

It might seem just another found it, but for the owner, it's a tiny bit of hope that everything isn't gone. That it's all going to be OK.

And here's the link for the cache.

Edited by T.D.M.22

Pretty cool stuff. It's truly amazing that no one was killed or seriously hurt in those fires.

I was the first post-Katrina finder of a cache in New Orleans. I had gone there to help him after the storm. We walked a few blocks to find a MKH on an ornamental arch at the entry to his neighborhood after our first full day of cleaning. The CO sent a nice note and was pleased his cache had survived.