Why can't I "Send to My GPS"?

Meow&Purr

I've searched and not found a topic to maych so if I've duplicated then

1. please forgive me

2. please point me in the right direction

I am a premium member. I have a Garmin etrex20. I've found three caches to look for after work when we do some shopping. I click the 'send to my gps' button, click agree, and it does nothing. There is a reminder that I have to be a premium member - which I am. I've logged out and back in. I've disconnected and reconnected.

What am I doing wrong? :blink:

Windows 10, I suppose?

I got Garmin Communicator working in IE11 with Windows 10 by following the steps here:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=334207&view=findpost&p=5538114

I post a link since there are several things to consider when you do that. I've seen Communicator's ability to send files turn off, then turn on again, with no particular user intervention. But one day, maybe soon, Garmin Communicator may not work at all anymore in a currently updated web browser.

You may place GPX files directly into the GPX folder of a Garmin GPSr, thus bypassing the plugin. This performs the same thing the plugin would do, but you may have the file copied in a fraction of the time it takes to fix the plugin when it breaks. If you followed this process, you'd be done by now. :anicute:

Download the GPX file from Geocaching.com. Not "Send To", use the "GPX File" button on a cache page. For a zipped Pocket Query, unzip the file, and you should now have at least one “GPX” file.

Plug the Garmin into the USB port of the computer.

Find the Garmin as a [DRIVE] or [storage device] and open it;

Therein, locate a file folder named something like Garmin/GPX/;

Click, drag and drop (or copy) the downloaded GPX file(s) to that [DRIVE]:Garmin/GPX/ folder.

Right-click and select Eject, unplug the Garmin;

Go Geocaching.

(From Gitchee-Gumee's excellent instructions)

Hi. i am having the same problem. it seems i need a phd in computer science to get caches onto my gps. I went to the search results and the gpx button is not clickable, No surprise being no matter what I do nothing works.

What else can i do.

Thanks.

Debbie

Hi. i am having the same problem. it seems i need a phd in computer science to get caches onto my gps. I went to the search results and the gpx button is not clickable, No surprise being no matter what I do nothing works.

What else can i do.

Thanks.

Debbie

You may use the "LOC File" button instead.

What else can i do.

Thanks.

Debbie

IIRC, GPX isn't available to basic members.

As kunarion said, you have the LOC button. :)

I had same problem with the Etrex30, yes, yes, Windows 10. Tried downloading plugin again, with Edge, didn't work. Tried with Firefox didn't work. Then I realized that it wasn't actually what I downloaded with, It was what I was running the geocaching.com site with that was the issue. It seems that there is some kind of conflict between the site, browser, Garmin Plugin and the device that was stopping the files being transferred.

I now run Internet Explorer With geocaching.com as my home page (as I have no need to browse anything else) and so far I have had no problems since using this method. I still use the "Send to GPS" link.

This might work for someone else, might not. If it does? You're welcome!