Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
rnrgrl

iPhone app for locating benchmarks

Does anyone know of an iPhone app for locating/determining what kind, etc. benchmarks are in the area?

I know of one called Huntmarkers but cannot find it and I think it may have changed names.

Thank you for any help.

Does anyone know of an iPhone app for locating/determining what kind, etc. benchmarks are in the area?

I know of one called Huntmarkers but cannot find it and I think it may have changed names.

Thank you for any help.

rnrgrl, please see this post:

HuntMarkers

The short version is if you have the app you can use it but it is no longer available for download, sorry.

There is an app called findacontrol from Critigen but it doesn't have the same linking functions. See what you think of that one.

Mike

BTW, does anyone know if it is possible to send an app to someone?

I had to get my iPhone replaced with a new one due to a hardware issue and lost the app. Now I can't get/download it on my new phone. ☹ What a bummer!

I don't hunt benchmarks very often, but here I am in Las Vegas facing a challenge cache that requires 100 benchmark finds.  I have 60 and therefore need 40 more.  I go to my Huntmarker app all excited to find some more only to get a message saying  it needs to be updated to iOS 11.  I look up FindAControl and it hasn't been updated either, but at least people have been able to leave messages requesting such.  Any other apps out there?

On 2/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, Bill93 said:

I use BenchMap on an Android, but don't know if it is available on Apple.

At this time, I have no intention of releasing it for iOS, for the biggest reason that I don't know the language or have the money to invest in Apple development utilities/framework.

Sorry all.

-Mike

So it looks like findacontrol doesn't work on the latest ios version anymore, and hence there's nothing to download. Visiting the US in May I wonder what the best way is to actually finally find a few benchmarks.