Survey disks

adrisan143

I found a survey marker on Clearwater Beach while looking for a cache. I cannot find it located anywhere near the cache when i click on the link. How do i go about finding the PID and logging this find? I found the actual page?log sheet for the marker and logged it there, but it doesn't show on my Geocaching page like the last three i found. The numbers/letters on it is R 36 PNLS. This is how i found its page/log sheet on the surveyors site. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I found a survey marker on Clearwater Beach while looking for a cache. I cannot find it located anywhere near the cache when i click on the link. How do i go about finding the PID and logging this find? I found the actual page?log sheet for the marker and logged it there, but it doesn't show on my Geocaching page like the last three i found. The numbers/letters on it is R 36 PNLS. This is how i found its page/log sheet on the surveyors site. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi adrisan143,

First you can click on -

Geocache Types and Additional GPS Based Gameplay Subforums

- in the Geocaching forums. Then click the last few words that are actually a link to the Benchmark Hunting Page. Then click Advanced Search which is where you can click in the little circle next to By Designation: and then input the numbers or name on the disk. Scroll down and click the Find benchmarks button which will tell you that your disk is not in the GC database. This is the case for this one that you are trying to log.

So now you can either just forget logging it on GC due to the old database that GC uses or you may go the the Waymarking side of GC and try there. Not all benchmarks are loggable at all. If you want to ask more questions or see other info, look into the benchmark hunting forum....

Shirley~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This benchmark (BM) doesn't seem to be in the NGS database. This image lists all the BM's in Florida that have PNLS in the stamping. You found the actual page and logged it? Can you explain.

This one has pics of a PNLS disk, My link Getting off-topic a bit, another BM the USPSQD logged as DNF several times.

Down here in Broward County, I have a FL DOT series of disks stamped with PNxx that are, sadly, not in the database.

With datasheets, the designations and stampings are varied and not always accurate. Posting a good picture of disk, the area, lat/lon, nearby Geocaches, etc. is useful when asking for disk identification.

f4928c43-9d5c-4db7-a632-31faae8b437b.jpg

Edited by Gungadoy