Your Existing Geocaches May Need Attention

sloth96

Do other folks get nagged when posting multiple events that Your Existing Geocaches May Need Attention before submitting another event cache?

It is really annoying as there is nothing I can do with cache in an unpublished state. All I can do is wait for the reviewer to comment.

Do other folks get nagged when posting multiple events that Your Existing Geocaches May Need Attention before submitting another event cache?

It is really annoying as there is nothing I can do with cache in an unpublished state. All I can do is wait for the reviewer to comment.

Yes. Does it bother me? No, because I understand that the intent is to remind slacker cache owners to take care of issues with their existing caches before submitting new ones. There are many, many threads related to the issue of folks not taking care of their caches, but still having the ability to submit new caches. I suspect this feature was a "middle of the road" solution to address the Community concern.

Yes, I get it every time.

I have a large number of unpublished disabled caches that I'm fiddling with, and 1 published cache disabled about half the year per land manager rules.

It's meant to remind people to fix their caches, before creating new. I hope it sometimes works.

If you know your stuff doesn't need fixing, just move on by it.

I would like to add that you even get this message when you've only got caches that have been submitted for reviewing, which is of course nonsense, since there wouldn't be anything you can do at that point.

Was going to say the same thing -- I saw this the other day.

Your Existing Geocaches May Need Attention

Before you submit a new geocache, it looks like one or more of your existing geocaches may need some attention:

Chesapecten jeffersonius: Virginia's state fossil (GC6XB8M) - Unpublished

You may continue creating a new geocache, however, we recommend making sure your existing geocaches are in tip-top shape before you do.

I'm not the reviewer; what the heck am I supposed to do about it?

Edited by hzoi