Cache Along Route PQs Missing Caches

supertbone

I have several caches along a route PQs where not all caches along that route are returned. The routes were created on site. I recognize that the routes don't perfectly follow the roads and the map in the PQ preview shows this. The preview also show a highlighted area along the path based upon the radius selected in the PQ. The caches I am missing are well inside this area and are not being filtered out by any options. Has anybody found any similar issues. I have seen this on route between Rock Springs, WY and North Platte, NE, specifically in the Cheyenne area.

I have several caches along a route PQs where not all caches along that route are returned. The routes were created on site. I recognize that the routes don't perfectly follow the roads and the map in the PQ preview shows this. The preview also show a highlighted area along the path based upon the radius selected in the PQ. The caches I am missing are well inside this area and are not being filtered out by any options. Has anybody found any similar issues. I have seen this on route between Rock Springs, WY and North Platte, NE, specifically in the Cheyenne area.

Groundspeak simplifizes the route you've uploaded to 50 route points. That way the "route" is actually a set of tracks as the crow flies. If the road you want to follow has a very wide bow and your route corridor is very small - then you'll lost a lot of caches at the road's bow. Have a look at GSAK's concept of Caches along a Route. It's way smarter. It creates rectangles along your route and loads all caches within those rectangles via the Api.

Hans

Edited by HHL

Are you coming up against the 500 or 1000 cache limit?

That route appears to be doubling back on itself around Julesburg. I wonder if this could be causing some computational confusion.

Can you provide some examples of caches that should be appearing in the PQ but are not?

Moun10Bike, on this PQ what I find is that periodically strips perpendicular to the route are where the caches are missing. I noticed two examples and included links to images highlighting the missing caches.

Here are the ones I found that are missing

Cheyenne, WY

GC1DPK8

GC695G5

GC2MJ49

GC191X2

GC276AE

GC14NB7

GC1MW02

GC16CW7

GC5NE8Z

GC5NE98

GC5NE8Q

GC1HYGZ

GC1NH4V

Egbert, WY

GC1NH3R

GC1YKC5

Missing Caches

GC Map

I can confirm that those caches are missing from your query. When I created the route from scratch, though, and eliminated the cross-over at Julesburg, I get all of those missing caches. Can you confirm?

I did that and got the missing caches that I didn't get before. I wonder why the loop would foul it up. Is there a max amount of points on a route to query off of?

Edited by supertbone

I am still finding issues with this functionality in various places not returning caches. I have a PQ that fetches most of I-80 in Nebraska from North Platte to near Omaha and there is a section where caches right next to the interstate and well with in the search parameters gets excluded and not maxing out the 1000 cache limit. I have tested this using various PQs that pass through there and shortened the route to do a 80 mile stretch of I-80 where the route is very linear with out much deviation. It returned in this Test PQ I made only when I bumped the radius to the max, which is weird since the parameters returns other caches along that route, but not in one area. Where I am seeing this is from GC317VQ to GC48YF2. Some examples are below.

Live Map

PQ Map

Edited by supertbone