Merge 2 account together

Hero 13

I would like to combine 2 existing accounts into 1.

When we (our 2 kids, my wife and me) started geocaching I thought that we needed 1 account per adult. Sometimes we logged with one, another time with the other. At the “a little Christmas Story” event we talked to other, more experienced cachers and we learned a lot, this 1 account issue included. :-)

We always go geocaching as a family and we would like to see all of our finds in 1 account.

Is this possible?

If it is possible, then you'll need to contact Groundspeak. They may be able to move the logs from one account to the other, and then remove the account you don't want to the other.

If not, then you'll need to backlog the missing logs from one account. In the log, mention that you logged it with the other account, and that you are combining accounts. And use the date you actually found it in the log, not the current date.

Thanks, this looks promising.

But what to do with the TB's I've found and those that I own in the account that I want to delete?

TBs that you own can be adopted from one account to the other. http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

Those you have Found or Discovered will no longer be counted in the new account.

(Unless you kept a copy of the Tracking number, in which case you could Discover them in the new account)

If both adults found all the caches then it would be a good idea to manually log all geocaches the duo found onto one account.

But if one adult found a few caches and then somebody else traveled alone, then that wouldn't be both people finding all the caches. Why should Mom and Dad have the same account if Mom never finds the caches Dad found on the mountain and Dad didn't find the lab caches during a Mega event!?

Why should Mom and Dad have the same account if Mom never finds the caches Dad found on the mountain and Dad didn't find the lab caches during a Mega event!?
Why shouldn't they?

I know a number of couples/families that share a single account. Sometimes they both/all find the cache together. Sometimes it's just one of them. If that's the way you want to play, then go for it.

You know they really liked your cache if one of them logs a Find, and then later they log a Note because they came back so the others could experience your cache too.