Logging your "Retrieve" of a TB

kswilson82

When logging a "Retrieve" for a TB you just picked up, can you post a photo with the log that will stay with the TB not the cache it was found in? I have a new TB that the mission I want is to take a photo of the TB and/or Geocacher to be uploaded every time the TB is retrieved so that I can see the photos. Is this possible or do I need to request that the photos be sent to me?

This is assuming they even BOTHER to log the retrieve. Cache inventories (on the right side of the screen, and down a ways) list the TB's that are SUPPOSED to be in them. But, I have found the cache only to discover that the TB isn't there, and if there was any kind of log, it was a "discovered" log (saying they found it), not a "took it to" or "retrieved it from" log. Rather annoying when you just hiked 4 miles to this cache specifically for the TB.

When logging a "Retrieve" for a TB you just picked up, can you post a photo with the log that will stay with the TB not the cache it was found in? I have a new TB that the mission I want is to take a photo of the TB and/or Geocacher to be uploaded every time the TB is retrieved so that I can see the photos. Is this possible or do I need to request that the photos be sent to me?

Yes, post the photo on the TBs log page, in your log for the TB.

If you do place a photo of a TB in a log -TB or cache page- take care NOT to show the 'secret' tracking number on the tag.

the mission I want is to take a photo of the TB and/or Geocacher to be uploaded every time the TB is retrieved so that I can see the photos. Is this possible or do I need to request that the photos be sent to me?

As mentioned, there may not be a lot of photos, even with a lot of logs. One of my TBs where I specifically request photos got one photo (by persons other than myself) in a span of three years. That's not very different from TBs where I didn't request a picture. I have deleted photos where the TB tracking number is in view (gotta do that), and occasionally uploaded an edited version of the original posted image.

One TB I own has nice photos everywhere he goes. Because he stays with me. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion

When there is a picture attached to one of your TB logs, you then get a link on your TB page that says "View All 3 Gallery Images". This allows you to review all its pictures easily. Keep your expectations low as I have often asked for pictures and got very few. However that makes the ones you do get more special. Good luck!!! and happy caching.