Garmin 64st Map

DayBowBow

Is there anyway to show all the geocaches that are close to you on the map and not just in a list? I was hoping to be able to display About the closest 10-15 to my location in the map and the be able to just move the cursor to it to select it. Can this be done? I'll I've been able to do is show the list and pick one out.

Is there anyway to show all the geocaches that are close to you on the map and not just in a list? I was hoping to be able to display About the closest 10-15 to my location in the map and the be able to just move the cursor to it to select it. Can this be done? I'll I've been able to do is show the list and pick one out.

This is exactly how I go caching with my 64s, The list always sorts by what's closest to you, which is very often not the order I want to follow, especially when there is meandering trails or terrain to consider. I added 4 small fields to the Compass screen; Pointer, Heading, Distance and Time. I very rarely have to go to any other screens unless I need to review the description or hint again. I pan and zoom the map and then click on my next target.

I set up the Geocaching preferences to display the map first when a cache is selected. And I set up the menu screens to only cycle through the Main Menu, Map, and Compass screens.

Same software as the 62S which we have ( I can't open my 64S until Christmas :) )....when picking a cache to go to I use the map and my wife uses the list.

How did you set it up to do this?

I push find -> geocaches and it puts them in a list. I cant figure out how to show them all in the map

How did you set it up to do this?

I push find -> geocaches and it puts them in a list. I cant figure out how to show them all in the map

Your Display is quite customizable. Since you (like me) want to work off the map display mostly, here's how I customized the display settings:

Press Menu button twice

Select Setup, press Enter

Select Page Sequence-Enter

Here you can control your page display preferences by selecting an item, pressing Menu and selecting Move or Remove. You can add a 'page' by selecting Add Page and then scrolling through the list of available menu pages. Get rid of the pages you don't care about by selecting it and select Remove. Select Map and select Move to move it to the first position in the list.

My page display order is:

Map

Main Menu

Compass

Since Map is listed first, my 64s always goes to the map display automatically whenever I turn it on. Pressing the Page button cycles forwards through only these three pages. Pressing the Quit button cycles through the pages in reverse order. I also turned off the Page Ribbon, since I didn't care for it.

Oh, and the Find button will Always take you to a list. If you want to pick from the map, go to the map and click the cache or waypoint icons on the map.

If you want to look at the map in an area that's far away, it's faster to press Find-Cities-Spell Search to center your map on a nearby city and then scroll the map from there.