Travel Bug race

Blind_Squirrel

Here is an idea. If a few of us cachers got together and started a bug each at the same cache and each one had to go through various cities and back. Kind of a cannonball run or tour de USA type thing.Of course depending on the size of the trip would determine how long this race would go on. Ive been looking at starting something like this. If anyone interested or have other ideas on it let me know.

The Cannonball Run is already in progress. 4 cars with travel bugs (all by a single owner) started on the coast of California in Dec 2001 with the objective of being the first car to be within sight of the Atlantic Ocean. I moved a Firebird hot wheels car from the Capital District of NY to Portland Maine in May 2002. It won the race. The owner then set a new objective for the cars. Be the first to travel around the world and get back to California. There are several other car type races in progress. Check out the travelbug pages. There is no reason you cant set up a race with the objective that each car has to visit certain cities in a given order. The field is wide open. Good luck! Hope I get a chance to help the race.

This sounds like it would be fun. The problem with a sprint kind of race is that we are all in different parts. I think, perhaps, an obstacle course of sorts would be interesting.

If there were five folks involved, then the bugs would have five starting points. The race could be the first bug to be logged in those five caches.

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose