Partnership Caches

Pan314159

I've been trying to find a cache that has the "Partnership/Sponsored" attribute.

sponsored-yes.gif

I did a search for them earlier in the year, and found a few.

Now I can't seem to find any, and the ones I thought had it no longer seem to? Has it been removed?

Has anyone found a cache with that attribute? Or anyone know what's happening with them?

Searched for them in what part of the world?

There aren't many of them anywhere. Most in the US are part of the Dino Train caches (most of the Dino Train caches do NOT have the attribute). My current All US States PQ asking for any caches with the attribute returns 31 caches (several without the attribute now*).

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=68d9d9b7-2756-4fb1-ade7-cb77172bb6f1

The Timberland caches in Europe would have it. Looks like just one remains active, Paris.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=Nature+Needs+Heroes

Article with reference to the attribute, http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=121

*this attribute behaves as a "ghost" - ie, it can be removed from a cache page, but a PQ asking for caches with the attribute will still return it.

Edited by palmetto

The thing that often throws people off with that attribute is partnerships aren't always permanent. The attribute does come and go from caches as partnerships between HQ and various entities run their course.

I found most of the Columbus, GA GeoTour caches a couple years ago, and I could swear most of them had the Partnership attribute at that time. Now, none of them appear to have it.

Through the magic of Pocket Queries, I find 9 caches worldwide with the Partnership attribute: 4 in Germany, 3 in the U.S, 1 in Canada, and 1 in France.

Because this attribute "ghosts" on queries, a US all States query returns 31 caches. Of those, 3 actually have the attribute. Rock Chalk's recollection is correct - many of the Columbus GA GeoTour caches do return in such a query. I think that the attribute was removed after a decision not to use the Partnership attribute on GeoTour caches.

As far as I know, its defined use was for the PBS Dino Train caches and the Timberland caches. I believe all of the Timberland caches had it, all but one of those is archived. Most of the Dino Train caches never had it, as the cache owner cannot add it, and most reviewers didn't add it.

Edited by palmetto
Through the magic of Pocket Queries, I find 9 caches worldwide with the Partnership attribute: 4 in Germany, 3 in the U.S, 1 in Canada, and 1 in France.
Is there any chance that this attribute might see more use in the future? Or could it be retired? Or will it remain more or less the way it is now?