Geocaching Sat 9/27

briansnat

Is any northern NJ Geocacher interested in joining me in bagging (or placing, or both) a cache or two tomorrow afternoon? The wife hurt her back and can't hike and my close friends are all otherwise occupied. I have soccer practice until noon, but am free after that. E-mail my by noon tomorrow if you'd be into a joint trip ( Don't worry, I'm not a nut or anything like that...at least I don't think so, but my friends may disagree).

BTW I'm in northern Morris County.

I have to check and see if I'm free on September 27th. icon_wink.gif

Tomorrow on the other hand...depending on how my son does in his tournament we may not only be available but we may also be in your area. I'll call my wife and have her E-mail you before noon if we can.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

39478_400.jpg

I have to check and see if I'm free on September 27th. icon_wink.gif

Tomorrow on the other hand...depending on how my son does in his tournament we may not only be available but we may also be in your area. I'll call my wife and have her E-mail you before noon if we can.

39478_400.jpg

Sorry about yesterday. He had a Karate tournament yesterday. It was in Hamburg. He didn't finish until 5pm. Also while we were in the area I did a quick look at the caches that were listed. There were almost none! I drove along route 23 from 287 to Wallkill high school. Along the way I saw woods and what appeared to be a huge state park. This is untouched caching territory. I'm going to do a bit of research today (it's raining so I can't go out and play) and figure out if there's a reason no one has placed there.

39478_400.jpg

Actually there are many caches in the route 23 corridor between Hamburg and 287. Most are towards 287, but I know I personally have a dozen or so that are no more than a 5-10 minute ride from Route 23 and others have placed some there as well. The area is cache rich. Now up towards Hamburg is a different story, but there isn't a lot of parkland in that stretch