[Feature request] Log date of events

webmicha

any host of an event might have made the experience, that attended-log often has false dates, because al lot of people log them days or weeks later. But as we all know, an event can only be hosted on a single day and attendance belongs to this day. I would expect, when I write an attented-log, the correct date is preset and not changeable. Especially on big events like megas or gigas, you could think they have a duration of several weeks if you follow the log dates ;)

In pretty sure those that care can manually change the date. You can for other caches anyway. But for me? I really don't care- I'm not that concerned with my statistics, so unless you have a challange cache that you have to find caches/events that I found/attended on certain days then it really doesn't affect you either.

Plus there are events that are multiple days. I hosted one that started on the 18th and ended on the 19th. Which date do I log, as I was there both days. And time zones.

In pretty sure those that care can manually change the date. You can for other caches anyway. But for me? I really don't care- I'm not that concerned with my statistics, so unless you have a challange cache that you have to find caches/events that I found/attended on certain days then it really doesn't affect you either.

Plus there are events that are multiple days. I hosted one that started on the 18th and ended on the 19th. Which date do I log, as I was there both days. And time zones.

Even if you host an event that starts on one and ends the next day, the listing has only one date. Afaik GC doesn't support multi-day events. And the time zone doesn't matter. If you attend an ecent physically, you are autmatically in the right time zone ;).

And I didn't mind statistics, it's just logical, that an attended-log should have no other date then the event :).

17 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

Your picture of the new logging system shows an Announcement log. I'm thinking you can change the date if it were a different type of log. (Why would one need to change the date on an announcement?)

There are certain types of logs that force the current date. I know Needs Maintenance logs are like this. It would make sense for Announcement logs to be like this too.