Road Trip swag

kyrasantae

I was wondering why there's no cloth patch or travel tag for the "Road Trip Hero" souvenir, but only a coin?

Last year there were patches/tags for "The Achiever" and I bought a full set of all 7 patches to display on my jacket. But this year the full set is only 5...? (The 15 Years patch doesn't quite do the job since it's a different size.)

Such patches are likely only manufactured if a considerable amount of income vs. development/design costs is to be expected.

I'd suppose the requests in the past weren't as high, so this is not produced.

And actually - I don't need to show "medals" of my experiences, as those are my personal experiences and nothing to brag about. Additionally, too many badges on your jacket could impair the cacher stealth mode :-) ...

Just my 2 ct..

I've ordered custom patches for organizations I'm involved with, and for an order of 1000 patches in that size from the company I used, it would work out to be less than US$0.50 each - and this is in Finland where there's 24% sales tax included in that price. The things are pretty cheap to make, actually.

The design already exists, just as the icons for the other 5 patches do.

(I don't need stealth mode in my area; I need ANTI-stealth in the forest so my buddies don't lose me with my camo clothing :P)

Such patches are likely only manufactured if a considerable amount of income vs. development/design costs is to be expected.

I'd suppose the requests in the past weren't as high, so this is not produced.

And actually - I don't need to show "medals" of my experiences, as those are my personal experiences and nothing to brag about. Additionally, too many badges on your jacket could impair the cacher stealth mode :-) ...

Just my 2 ct..

By definition, a souvenir is a token of remembrance. Unfortunately, in the context of geocaching, they've become more of a reward for doing something as simple as finding a cache on a specific day, and something used to show off accomplishments.

I was wondering why there's no cloth patch or travel tag for the "Road Trip Hero" souvenir, but only a coin?

Last year there were patches/tags for "The Achiever" and I bought a full set of all 7 patches to display on my jacket. But this year the full set is only 5...? (The 15 Years patch doesn't quite do the job since it's a different size.)

I was wondering as well. Last year I bought one patch (The Achiever) and I'd like to buy one this year to remember the challenge. I don't care to buy all five and I don't do geocoins.

I was wondering as well. Last year I bought one patch (The Achiever) and I'd like to buy one this year to remember the challenge. I don't care to buy all five and I don't do geocoins.

Maybe there's the reason.

Not wanting to get stuck with the set when possibly many were just picking up the "final" before, maybe they decided to give the set a chance to pay off first. :)

I don't know that we had a specific reason for not having a patch/tag. We did make an acrylic key chain version of the Road Trip Hero design. But I believe most of those sold at Block Party. If there are any left, they'll be added to Shop Geocaching this week.

This is good feedback in case we do similar promotions in the future. So thank you!

I don't know that we had a specific reason for not having a patch/tag. We did make an acrylic key chain version of the Road Trip Hero design. But I believe most of those sold at Block Party. If there are any left, they'll be added to Shop Geocaching this week.

This is good feedback in case we do similar promotions in the future. So thank you!

I'll keep an eye out for the key chain. If that doesn't turn out to be available, I'll probably go with the "Let's Get Extreme" patch as that was the portion of the challenge that we had the most fun with. :grin:

Woo hoo! Thanks so much, Love the Lackey! I went to the shop this evening and there was the key chain. Ordered it and some other stuff I'd been flirting with getting, as well as a "Let's Get Extreme" key chain for my partner in that particular crime.

As far as stealth is concerned, I'm all for it and usually have just my cell phone and a pen for urban hunts but for a day in the woods or at an event/CITO, it's enjoyable to fill my bedecked geo-bag with swag/water bottles/TOTT and just get totally into it. YMMV. B)

I was wondering the same thing. I would have bought the full set. The fact that the other five are considered popular enough to sell as a set suggests that they are financially viable.

Personally I think they haven't produced the final patch as a cynical attempt to force us to buy it in a more expensive form eg coin or key chain.

As neither can be sewn on my camp blanket, I won't be buying.