Travel Bug Etiquette

thatbrowncat

One of my favorite parts of geocaching is finding travel bugs. Is it ok to return to a cache you have already found to drop off a bug? Can you also go to a cache you have already found and pick one up?

I didn't know if travel bugs needed to be dropped off and picked up in caches you have never found before.

One of my favorite parts of geocaching is finding travel bugs. Is it ok to return to a cache you have already found to drop off a bug? Can you also go to a cache you have already found and pick one up?

I didn't know if travel bugs needed to be dropped off and picked up in caches you have never found before.

Perfectly ok. You would log your return visits to the cache with "Write a Note" rather than recording another "Found It" on the same cache.

Yes, you can return to a cache you have previously found to pick up or drop off a trackable.

Instead of logging another "found it" to do this, you should log the visit as a "write note" log.

B.

Yes to both your questions. That is the reason people put out Travel Bug Hotels. They provide a location that you can go to move TB around. My wife has some favorite TB hotels that we visit while traveling so she can move TB around the country.

Thank you all. One last question - do I have to leave a travel bug to pick one up or can I pick one up without having one to leave behind?

Yes to both your questions. That is the reason people put out Travel Bug Hotels. They provide a location that you can go to move TB around. My wife has some favorite TB hotels that we visit while traveling so she can move TB around the country.

Thank you all. One last question - do I have to leave a travel bug to pick one up or can I pick one up without having one to leave behind?

Trackables aren't trade items.

Take as many as you can realistically handle to place in other caches.

I say grab them. As long as you plan to place them in another cache in a timely manor. By moving them, even it its only a few miles, you let the owner of the travel bug know that their traveler is ok. It's always good to take a look at the travel bugs goal and try to help it along if you can. Travel bugs were meant to travel so get them moving.