Chrome Browser will not load caches

Be-con

Starting a few days ago, the chrome browser will no longer load Caches on my DeLorme PN-60 GPS. When I click on the "send to my GPS" button, the pop up window says I have to down load the plug in - which I did again - still no luck. This worked just fine up until a few days ago. If I go through the Explore browser it works just fine. Any ideas? Anyone else running into this problem?

What plug-in? I was unaware that Delorme has a plug-in. I just went through the Delorme website and failed to find (or recognize) one.

One idea though -- switch to using Mozilla Firefox -- or better yet --

don't use a browser at all! Download PQ data, drag 'n drop it to the unit.

I have heard that Premium Members can use [GPX file] immediately adjacent to [send to my GPS] without any "go-between" program.

Worth a try, wouldn't you say? I have not used it... just Pocket Queries, as above.

Google Chrome has tightened their security somewhat recently. Supposedly things like Garmin and Magellan "communicators" fall into what they perceive as a security risk.

I do use the drag & Drop method for PQs, however the "Send to my GPS" button use to load it directly into the file I had open on the GPS. When I click on the button and go for a new Delorme download I see that Delorme no longer shows support for Chrome, so I guess I'm hooped. Delorme is not Geocaching friendly

Delorme is not Geocaching friendly

That's pretty broad statement to make without a little research for instance did you know that Garmin no longer supports Chrome and I guess that makes them geocache unfriendly also.

Garmin says there are security issues with Chrome and that is why it stopped.

Finally found the reason for problem with Chrome Browser and the "Send To My GPS" button. Apparently the latest version of Chrome no longer supports NPAPI plug-ins. See following link for explanation and work around. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033

Hopefully Geocaching.com / Delorme will upgrade the plug-in before Chrome 45 is released....

I guess I also have to modify my comments about Delorme, but I still feel they tend to ignore Geocaching - ever since they remove (or changed) the way PQs can be downloaded and Field Notes uploaded. Having said that I still like my PN-60

Cache On

What plug-in? I was unaware that Delorme has a plug-in. I just went through the Delorme website and failed to find (or recognize) one.

One idea though -- switch to using Mozilla Firefox -- or better yet --

don't use a browser at all! Download PQ data, drag 'n drop it to the unit.

I have heard that Premium Members can use [GPX file] immediately adjacent to [send to my GPS] without any "go-between" program.

Worth a try, wouldn't you say? I have not used it... just Pocket Queries, as above.

Google Chrome has tightened their security somewhat recently. Supposedly things like Garmin and Magellan "communicators" fall into what they perceive as a security risk.

Yes Delorme does have a plugin. You find it from the geocaching website. Click send to GPS, if you do not have that plugin installed the pop up will tell you so.

Just click on the download button and it will take you to the correct page at Delorme to install it. there used to be problems wit it and IE 11 but mine seems to work just fine.

The plugin does have a bug that will never be fixed though. The Delorme units do not like send to GPS while certain symbols are in the geocache name or text whithin the description.

A hexadecimal 1A issue pops up and may cause those files to wipe out most of your geocache files in the unit. Delorme sorts by name not GC number.

So all bellow that name get deleted. It has happened to me a few times. Running a PQ does not have this issue. Drag and drop from your e-mail into the waypoints folder solves it.

Finally found the reason for problem with Chrome Browser and the "Send To My GPS" button. Apparently the latest version of Chrome no longer supports NPAPI plug-ins. See following link for explanation and work around. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033

Hopefully Geocaching.com / Delorme will upgrade the plug-in before Chrome 45 is released....

I guess I also have to modify my comments about Delorme, but I still feel they tend to ignore Geocaching - ever since they remove (or changed) the way PQs can be downloaded and Field Notes uploaded. Having said that I still like my PN-60

Cache On

The work around didn't work for me in Chrome. I used it to load just a few caches quickly. I guess I'll go to Pocket Queries or everything.

Cache On

The work around didn't work for me in Chrome. I used it to load just a few caches quickly. I guess I'll go to Pocket Queries or everything.

Delorme did not cause the change the we used to use to install PQs into the Delorme GPS.

An update ant Groundspeak caused the issue and won't let a remote login from TOPO from Delorme.

Nor will they allow upload from the PQ page to TOPO software.

My way around that is to drag and drop the PQ into the waypoints forlder in the GPS unit.

Then if I want a copy in my TOPO software I do a sync and upload it that way.

Just remember whatever is in the TOPO will rule over the GPS file. So if you want to sync later and have new info on the GPS but the file name is the same then the TOPO will overwrite the GPS.