Should I submit for review before permission?

Astrologian

Hello all, I'm a novice cacher and would like to submit my first hidden cache! I filled out all the necessary information and have it all saved. I've scoped out the location significantly and obtained accurate coordinates. I would just like to receive permission from the land owner before others begin searching. Now my question is, do I submit it for review now with a reviewer note stating that I am just awaiting permission, or do I not submit for review until I receive the actual permission? Thanks in advance!

Hello all, I'm a novice cacher and would like to submit my first hidden cache! I filled out all the necessary information and have it all saved. I've scoped out the location significantly and obtained accurate coordinates. I would just like to receive permission from the land owner before others begin searching. Now my question is, do I submit it for review now with a reviewer note stating that I am just awaiting permission, or do I not submit for review until I receive the actual permission? Thanks in advance!

Yes, you need to obtain permision from the property owner or land manager first.

Hello from a Volunteer Cache Reviewer!

Thanks for being concerned about permission. Since you've already invested so much time, it can't hurt to put your page together and submit it for review with a VERY clear note that the cache shouldn't be published yet -- you are still waiting on permission.

By doing this, you gain two advantages:

1. If someone else comes along the next day and hides a cache near yours, you will have priority since you told the reviewer first that you were working on a cache and just waiting on permission.

2. If there is a problem with your cache, your reviewer can alert you to it before you go through the trouble of a detailed permission conversation. For example, there may be a hidden final of a puzzle cache nearby, and you didn't know about it.

Your reviewer will then let you know if there are any issues, and will instruct you on how to let the reviewer know once the cache is ready to be published.

The container should already be there beforehand also (you mentioned info, location and coords, but nothing about a container in place). :)

The container was in place, but I went back and removed it, because I believe I should have the land owner's permission first before I place anything on the property or make it possible for others to find the cache on the property. I imagine the permission would be no problem, but the geocache listing requirements and guidelines were a little fuzzy to me.

Hello from a Volunteer Cache Reviewer!

Thanks for being concerned about permission. Since you've already invested so much time, it can't hurt to put your page together and submit it for review with a VERY clear note that the cache shouldn't be published yet -- you are still waiting on permission.

By doing this, you gain two advantages:

1. If someone else comes along the next day and hides a cache near yours, you will have priority since you told the reviewer first that you were working on a cache and just waiting on permission.

2. If there is a problem with your cache, your reviewer can alert you to it before you go through the trouble of a detailed permission conversation. For example, there may be a hidden final of a puzzle cache nearby, and you didn't know about it.

Your reviewer will then let you know if there are any issues, and will instruct you on how to let the reviewer know once the cache is ready to be published.

Excellent! That's the exact answer I was hoping for and sort of figured, but wasn't too sure. I also see you are a reviewer for Pennsylvania. You may actually be my reviewer, if so, please look forward to it!