Cany get the app to load

nufdum

Been trying to get the Garmin app to load so I can send direct to my Garmin 20. every time it gpes thru all the steps but doesn't finish. Has anyone else had this problem or will I need to get with Garmin cust support?

Garmin App?

Are you using a Phone, or a computor?

Loading to a phone or a GPS unit?

Do you mean the Garmin Communicator Plug-in? If so. What browser are you using?

Give us some details, don't be vague...

Help us, we can help you. :)

Sorry for the vagueness of the original post. I knew it was bad as soon as I hit send. My mind is just not working well this AM.

Yes the Communicator app is what I am having trouble with. trying to load it to my laptop, HP with explorer. I go through all the steps, and at the end of the setup wizard a new screen pops up with you do not have the communicator. Is this an explorer issue? do I need to go to Chrome? As far as I know I have all current updates to the browser.

IE is the likely culprit here.

You can either switch browsers -- Mozilla Firefox is the one with least troubles. Google Chrome has "security issues" with plug-ins (plug-in is what we generally call a Communicator program, not "app").

Or, you can try to fix IE with this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11 . Select your IE version with the drop-down on the right side of the page, then add geocaching.com to the "compatibility" list.

One fix or the other should get you up and going.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

the Communicator app is what I am having trouble with. trying to load it to my laptop, HP with explorer.

As mentioned, Firefox or Chrome might work. IE may work one day, then become finicky after an update. I use “send to” ocacsionally if I'm in a hurry and if FF is behaving at the time.

If you begin to need more than one cache (especially if you become a Premium Member and use “Pocket Queries”) you may load files manually, have much more control over the process, and avoid relying on web features that stop working.

For most Garmin GPSrs, the “Communicator” downloads your file and places it into the folder [Garmin Drive]:/GARMIN/GPX on the GPSr. You can instead click the button to download the file, and do exactly the same thing that the Communicator does. It's easy once you get the hang of it.

If you find it saves time or work to keep the Communicator working (or if you're willing to switch to FF or whatever to load cache files) that's cool. But give the manual idea a try, too. It works even after web browser updates.

Edited by kunarion