No Ads for Premium Members.

Contriving_Trio

Wait ... I receive (non-geocaching) ads even though I'm a premium member on all the cache pages? This should not be.

Please make premium members exempt from ads, or at least have the option to do so.

- Contriving T.

I presume you're willing to pay the higher price they would have to charge for a premium membership to make up for the lost ad revenue?

They're not likely to simply take a revenue cut to satisfy users who don't want to see ads.

--Larry

Wait ... I receive (non-geocaching) ads even though I'm a premium member on all the cache pages? This should not be.

Please make premium members exempt from ads, or at least have the option to do so.

- Contriving T.

I presume you're willing to pay the higher price they would have to charge for a premium membership to make up for the lost ad revenue?

--Larry

I thought we already do! ;)

- Contriving T.

--Larry

I thought we already do! ;)

I was referring to increasing the price of a premium membership over what it is now.

--Larry

I was referring to increasing the price of a premium membership over what it is now.

Well, they already did (just for us EU guys). Fortunately the $ vs. € exchange rate is now tilting the scales... :lol:

For Firefox Adblock + Noscript + Ghostery plugins helps you not seeing any ads, not being tracked and protects you(partly)from malicious scripts.

- Contriving T.

They're not likely to simply take a revenue cut to satisfy users who don't want to see ads.

--Larry

Lets make a comparison on the trend for paying customers:

Free User:

Sp*tify - Ads

Netfl*x - Ads

Am*zon - Ads

App*e/And*oid/Wind*ws apps - Ads

Geocaching - Ads

I would agree with this. There has to be some revenue generated to survive.

Paying User:

Sp*tify - NO Ads

Netfl*x - NO Ads

Am*zon - NO Ads

App*e/And*oid/Wind*ws apps - NO Ads

**Geocaching - Ads

And these examples are not limited to major companies .. most websites guarantee NO-ads when you pay a subscription.

In conclusion:

I pay the price that Geocaching has set, because I enjoy the sport .. for the same reason I pay for apps to support a dev group. Set the price, make it competitive, and I pay. Perhaps, introduce another layer of subscription for people on a budget. At the very least ... provide the customer with a choice !

- Contriving T.

--Larry

Lets make a comparison on the trend for paying customers:

Free User:

Sp*tify - Ads

Netfl*x - Ads

Am*zon - Ads

App*e/And*oid/Wind*ws apps - Ads

Geocaching - Ads

I would agree with this. There has to be some revenue generated to survive.

Paying User:

Sp*tify - NO Ads

Netfl*x - NO Ads

Am*zon - NO Ads

App*e/And*oid/Wind*ws apps - NO Ads

**Geocaching - Ads

And these examples are not limited to major companies .. most websites guarantee NO-ads when you pay a subscription.

In conclusion:

I pay the price that Geocaching has set, because I enjoy the sport .. for the same reason I pay for apps to support a dev group. Set the price, make it competitive, and I pay. Perhaps, introduce another layer of subscription for people on a budget. At the very least ... provide the customer with a choice !

Good luck convincing Groundspeak to take a revenue cut simply because some members can't tolerate ads. Let me know how that works out for you.

--Larry