The Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching (1e)

I have been working on a very difficult puzzle for a while now and have made a few breakthroughs that led me to the first edition of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching" (ISBN number 1592572359) from 2004. This book is absolutely necessary for the puzzle since it is a book cipher and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have checked my local library, but they only have the second and third editions. I tried Google and Amazon.com's book preview, but they limit the number of pages you can view since it is copyrighted. I have also just checked the internet for an online version, but still nothing. Does anybody have this book or have access to this book and who would be willing to help me? I could purchase the book, but it seems like a waste for just one puzzle since it has outdated information. I have not posted the puzzle here since I do not want to spoil it, so I will private message anyone who can help. Thanks in advance!

I have been working on a very difficult puzzle for a while now and have made a few breakthroughs that led me to the first edition of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching" (ISBN number 1592572359) from 2004. This book is absolutely necessary for the puzzle since it is a book cipher and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have checked my local library, but they only have the second and third editions. I tried Google and Amazon.com's book preview, but they limit the number of pages you can view since it is copyrighted. I have also just checked the internet for an online version, but still nothing. Does anybody have this book or have access to this book and who would be willing to help me? I could purchase the book, but it seems like a waste for just one puzzle since it has outdated information. I have not posted the puzzle here since I do not want to spoil it, so I will private message anyone who can help. Thanks in advance!

Have you asked the cache owner for a hint? Or some help? Is the cache owner aware that the book is difficult to find?

If the book is that impossible to find, then perhaps the puzzle needs to be changed.

B.

Have you asked the cache owner for a hint? Or some help? Is the cache owner aware that the book is difficult to find?

If the book is that impossible to find, then perhaps the puzzle needs to be changed.

B.

I've done another puzzle cache that required a specific edition of a book to solve just one part of the puzzle. I ended up buying a copy of the book and it was worth every penny. I don't know if it would be worth it in this case so if that specific edition is so hard to find it would probably be worth asking the CO to amend the puzzle with clues which used an edition that was more easily accessible. I don't know how common that sort of puzzle is, but it seems to me that it would work equally well if they used pages that were available in the Google or Amazon preview.

The CO is inactive, so I'm sort of stuck. The puzzle is not worth cost of the book (inactive CO= *probably* soggy cache), I just thought I would see if anyone happened to have the book.

Sorry about the incorrect category placement also. I'm new to the forums and I didn't really get the category system.

The CO is inactive, so I'm sort of stuck. The puzzle is not worth cost of the book (inactive CO= *probably* soggy cache), I just thought I would see if anyone happened to have the book.

Well, someone might have it and get in contact with you. At the very least, it'd be good to solve it and find the cache so that if it IS in rough shape, it can get a Needs Maintenance and eventually a Needs Archived log. :)