how do I track miles with a tb?

AKACRider

Ok, so I never really caresd too much about milage, but i figured id, give it a shot, im not completely blind to tbs, ive just never kept one myself. One of the people that I cache with does it with a travel bug, the thing is, he always logs its visit from home, after the fact. I am always a feild logger. Since Groundspeak has your home location recorded, could I log it in the feild and still get a good count? Any advice from the folks who have done this?

Ok, so I never really caresd too much about milage, but i figured id, give it a shot, im not completely blind to tbs, ive just never kept one myself. One of the people that I cache with does it with a travel bug, the thing is, he always logs its visit from home, after the fact. I am always a feild logger. Since Groundspeak has your home location recorded, could I log it in the feild and still get a good count? Any advice from the folks who have done this?

Log it as "visit" log for the tb for each cache you find.

You have to do that through the cache page. Once you've logged that cache, you can then log the "visit" for the trackable.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Sounds like GeocacheAlaska! needs to have another travel bug Eduvent.

The bottom line has been outlined above: Just mark your "mileage" trackable as "Visited" for each cache you log. If you're using the official app to log finds in the field, it's quite simple to add the step to "dip" the trackable of your choice for mileage.

this one's had it's run, could I have it locked down please?

I'm baffled by this attitude.

Why should every thread be "locked"?

It is supposed to be a "discussion" forum, and perhaps other people might have some comments or questions to be added later.

I think locking every single thread due to the whims of the poster is getting out of hand.

Moderators are supposed to be the ones in charge, no?

This is just silly.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

this one's had it's run, could I have it locked down please?

I'm baffled by this attitude.

Why should every thread be "locked"?

It is supposed to be a "discussion" forum, and perhaps other people might have some comments or questions to be added later.

I think locking every single thread due to the whims of the poster is getting out of hand.

Moderators are supposed to be the ones in charge, no?

This is just silly.

B.

Agreed. I suppose it's the OP's prerogative since they started the thread, but I have to wonder why they feel like it needs to be 'locked' as soon as they have an answer they are happy with. Why not just move on and not bother coming back to the thread?

Control issues?

What is your favorite type of cache to find?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=327895

Do Nanos Need a Size

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=328086

TSA Problems

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=328511

Seems to me a very odd way to behave in a forum. And it seems equally odd for threads to be locked for no really good reason.

B.

It's nothing against anyone, but my threads that I open, I eventually have locked, usually about a month after stuff dies down, mainly because if an adequate answer(s) have been provided that solves (a) problem(s), I don't see a point in letting the helpful answers in the thread get buried in underneath aimless rambling. Also, If somone were to ask me a question in the forums, I often dont't leave notifications on after it is over, so I may not see it, for a while, if ever, because the time I spend on my computer, I spend digging through the new threads I'm involved in, not archives of 'Dead" threads. I do nit believe it is against the rules to have threads locked for read only once an answer is achived, If it is, im not aware of it, And i'd hope a moderator would inform me.

its just the way I do things :) few things peeve me more than searching for a 2 word answer through 8 pages of rambling..

No offense to anyone at all.