Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
crazypig88

Intro App Update

I just got an update for the geocaching intro for android and wow, they have been busy. They added waypoint adding, a new layout, you can now see all traditional caches near and far, and the advanced caches are not available unless premium, and you can use lists. Wow! Any thoughts?

What do you mean by "advanced" caches? Those not traditional?

By premium, do you mean the paid app, or premium membership?

I thought "premium" was explained a bit better a few updates ago...

Hi, I'm moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Android Intro App forum.

Advanced caches are considered advanced if they are terrain and or difficulty 2.5 or higher. If you have a premium membership, you will have access to those and filters on the intro. Hope that clears things up :lol:

Advanced caches are considered advanced if they are terrain and or difficulty 2.5 or higher. If you have a premium membership, you will have access to those and filters on the intro. Hope that clears things up :lol:

No, it doesn't.

- But that's okay. :)

Edited by cerberus1

I just got an update for the geocaching intro for android and wow, they have been busy. They added waypoint adding, a new layout, you can now see all traditional caches near and far, and the advanced caches are not available unless premium, and you can use lists. Wow! Any thoughts?

Another poster was unclear what you meant, and I don't use that app. You sound excited, so why not tell more about your experience with it?

Another poster was unclear what you meant, and I don't use that app. You sound excited, so why not tell more about your experience with it?

Well, before, it was only beginner caches, which were difficulty and terrain 2.0 and below, it now shows higher D/T traditional caches, but only with a premium membership. You can now add waypoints on to the map for caches. The new layout is much smoother and no freezes have happened yet. You can now sort the geocaches list-style; instead of just the map. When you are looking on the map, you used to only be able to see the three or four caches that are close to you, but now you can look at them from however far away you want.