Travel Bug

Dingo5346

Hi - please bear with me! This is our first post having found ONE geocache so far! We are going on a trip and we would like to place a travel bug! On the route there is a cache where there is a geocache marked "travel bug stop" Can I use that location to place our travel bug, or should I place it in another location and mark it as a new cache?

Thanks!

Dingo

Hi - please bear with me! This is our first post having found ONE geocache so far! We are going on a trip and we would like to place a travel bug! On the route there is a cache where there is a geocache marked "travel bug stop" Can I use that location to place our travel bug, or should I place it in another location and mark it as a new cache?

Thanks!

Dingo

You want to place a travel bug?

From what I see, you don't have a travel bug. Not one of your own or that of another logged as picked up, either.

Have you bought one but not activated it yet? You do know that you need to activate it first, yes? That is what lists it as being 'your' travel bug.

If you have bought one but not activated it, should you place it into a cache, you are doing little except to "gift" it to the next person that finds it. They will (most likely) activate it as their own.

Reading the link provided by kunarion should be the first thing that you do.

Thanks!

Dingo

Hi!

You may place a Travel Bug in most any Geocache where it fits. If it's a TB that you bought, you must "activate" it first, in order to watch it travel. Here's some info about activating and moving TBs, with links to even more info:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/travelbugfaq.aspx

Great advice from kunarion.

read that section over well.