Remove Trackables from inventory.

Gill & Tony

When I went to GCHQ in June I was given more than a dozen trackables - lackey tags etc. I activated them and moved them round Canada and back to Australia but now I just want to store them in a coin collection and they won't be moving again.

It isn't a serious problem having them in my inventory, but it would be easier if I could drop them from the inventory.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks for that. It was exactly what I was looking for.

I never really understood what the "Collectible" status actually meant. Am I right in assuming that if I retrieve a TB or GC marked as collectible I have the option of moving it on or keeping it? Why would someone release a trackable into the wild and allow somebody to keep it/ Seems a bit odd to me.

Cheers

Tony

I never really understood what the "Collectible" status actually meant. Am I right in assuming that if I retrieve a TB or GC marked as collectible I have the option of moving it on or keeping it? Why would someone release a trackable into the wild and allow somebody to keep it/ Seems a bit odd to me.

The "Collection" option is kind of a catch-all feature to accommodate several needs at once. The "Collection" is simply a digital way to organize coins, where people once might have used an old cache page to manage their Collection.

There are some Geocoins out in the wilds that are not to be sold, but may be kept as long as desired. People have all kinds of creative ideas for their Geocoins. And that's one use for the Collection, since if you keep a coin, you don't need it cluttering your Inventory list when you log a cache.

If you have three coins in a set and another cacher has the fourth, he may loan it to you. Maybe you lucked out and found it in a cache, and wish to show the set at Events for a while. With the Coin Owner's assistance, you'd place the coin into your Collection along with the other three coins to complete the set. It still belongs to the Coin Owner who may request it be moved out of your Collection when he wishes, and you oblige.

Edited by kunarion

Also, trackables in collections can ONLY be discovered, not grabbed.

Before this was implemented, if you brought your coins to an event, each person wanting to log them had to "grab them", eventually, you'd have to "grab it" back. Sometimes a person who'd digitally grabbed your trackable would also digitally drop it somewhere, or several somewheres.

One of my trackables was dropped in caches in all over Iran and Afghanistan this way. Messed up the mileage big time.

Hi!

I have one of these TB-stickers on my car.

Since I have activated it, I have to set this TB-number to "No action" when logging a cache, because I don't want it to collect miles. I only want it to be discovered.

So what palmetto just described means, it would be a very good idea to make my Cachemobil collectible, and then move it into my collection.

Seems like that would solve both in one (can't be grabbed anymore AND doesn't appear while logging a cache).

Am I right??

Does that have any disadvantages?

Can this action be reversed?

Thanks for help!

Ellie

Edited by EllieMM

Hi!

I have one of these TB-stickers on my car.

Since I have activated it, I have to set this TB-number to "No action" when logging a cache, because I don't want it to collect miles. I only want it to be discovered.

So what palmetto just described means, it would be a very good idea to make my Cachemobil collectible, and then move it into my collection.

Seems like that would solve both in one (can't be grabbed anymore AND doesn't appear while logging a cache).

Am I right??

Does that have any disadvantages?

Can this action be reversed?

Thanks for help!

Ellie

Am I right?? Yes.

Does that have any disadvantages? Probably! Nothing major though. :laughing:

Can this action be reversed? Yes.

Am I right in assuming that if I retrieve a TB or GC marked as collectible I have the option of moving it on or keeping it?

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure if it's still this way, but last time I activated a trackable, it was marked "collectible" by default. I had to turn it off. A lot of TB owners might not have ever noticed that checkbox. I wouldn't plan on keeping any TBs unless the description specifically said you could.