You've been busted!

hukilaulau

I have a 1 difficulty mystery cache. (Yes! Despite what people say about me, I do have a 1 difficulty mystery cache!) About a mile away, my nephew has a fairly easy EarthCache. This combo has attracted a number of August 2014 souvenir hunters. The last four finders (a group) have not responded to the request for answers for the EarthCache. We checked their personal page, and all four have received the "The Achiever" souvenir, even though their list of caches found does not include a log for "The Collector". It appears that they might have logged a cache that qualifies but either deleted their logs, or had them deleted by the cache owner. And it looks probable that their EarthCache finds will be deleted as well.

But they will still have their souvenirs! Cheat, cheat, dolphin feet!

Very creative! :laughing: Honestly, I would just laugh at them.

I find it incredible that you would find deliberate cheating 'creative'.

I know, it's not *really* creative, but it is funny. Best to laugh it off. Saves your stomach lining. :)

It's neither cheating nor creative, but silly and stupid. If someone who never entered the service got a military tattoo, what would you call it?

As was said before, profiles of achievements are public. People who legitimately earn an award are pleased that they did. It understandably bothers them when others put out false information that "I did such-and-such," when in fact they didn't. They feel the phony claims of an achievement cheapens their honest achievements.

I find it humorous that people think there are cachers that do not know each other looking at other peoples "souvenirs" and are upset that some one gets a icon buried on they're page somewhere that they did not "earn".

I am fairly certain that if all the cachers in the world got together for an event that believe this is an issue, it wouldn't be an issue holding it inside a crowded Waffle House.

I find it humorous that people think there are cachers that do not know each other looking at other peoples "souvenirs" and are upset that some one gets a icon buried on they're page somewhere that they did not "earn".

I am fairly certain that if all the cachers in the world got together for an event that believe this is an issue, it wouldn't be an issue holding it inside a crowded Waffle House.

I agree. I find it odd to look at other people's souvenirs. I have no interest in other people's souvenirs. I'm barely interested in my own. :lol:

It's neither cheating nor creative, but silly and stupid. If someone who never entered the service got a military tattoo, what would you call it?

As was said before, profiles of achievements are public. People who legitimately earn an award are pleased that they did. It understandably bothers them when others put out false information that "I did such-and-such," when in fact they didn't. They feel the phony claims of an achievement cheapens their honest achievements.

If an achievement gets cheapened so easily, then it was never an achievement to begin with. If a Hyundai owner puts Porsche decals on their car, it should not make other Porsches worth less, or less of a driving experience. If someone goes to Niagra Falls and buys a tee shirt, and then discovers the same tee shirt can be purchased online, it shouldn't bother them. If it does, then they never should have gone in the first place. Symbol worshipping has been around for a long time, and it's nothing to be proud of. :D

If an achievement gets cheapened so easily, then it was never an achievement to begin with. If a Hyundai owner puts Porsche decals on their car, it should not make other Porsches worth less, or less of a driving experience. If someone goes to Niagra Falls and buys a tee shirt, and then discovers the same tee shirt can be purchased online, it shouldn't bother them. If it does, then they never should have gone in the first place. Symbol worshipping has been around for a long time, and it's nothing to be proud of. :D

Whew! I'm glad I'm not a symbol-worshipper!

But, hey, it's live and let live. If someone wants symbols to remember their achievements, let 'em have them. And squelch the phony symbols.