I'm confused!

alaninwales

I'm a bit stuck as to how to physically locate a cache when I've worked out the final co-ordinates from the clues provided!!

I work out the final co-ords and type them into my (android) phone in "search by co-ordinates" but it either goes to nearby caches (normally the first part of the multi,) goes to a point on the map which isn't the co-ords I posted, or does nothing at all! So, can anyone tell me how to get the compass to point me to the final co-ordinates cos it's driving me mad!!! :blink: Incidentally if I put the co-ords into Google maps, that also sends me to co-ords slightly different to what I keyed in!! :huh:

On c:geo, swipe over to the screen to the left of the main cache screen. There you can add a waypoint and after saving it, tap the compass on that particular waypoint to navigate to it.

Other apps also have an option somewhere on the cache page itself to add or change a waypoint.

Edit to add: Google maps is probably directing you to the closest address to the coordinates you entered. They don't do so well at pointing you to coords, since they're more for road directions. :)

Edited by TriciaG