Notifications for Events - Mileage limitation

PeachofWA

I tried to increase the number of miles from my home to get more notifications of events around my state, etc., but it appears that the maximum number of miles that I can select is just under 50. No matter now many miles I type in (250, 500, 100, etc.), when I save the change, it comes back with 49.7096953789867 miles. Is there a limit of just under 50 miles for all notifications? This inquiry related specifically for Event Caches, but perhaps it applies for all caches. I just haven't checked in any other category.

Thanks for any help you can be.

Edited by Peach&Pete

Set up notifications for all the cities that you are willing to go to. Or you can look at the map, and show only events. Even once a week-it's not like normal caches where there's a thousand or more in a city to sort through...

Edited by T.D.M.22

Set up a PQ for Events only. You can go 500 miles (at least) I just tried to do 1000 miles and it reverted to 500.

...or set up a PQ for political regions instead of being centered on a spot.

I live near Chicago, and 500 miles from my house encompasses ALL of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri. But the 500 mile radius also captures parts of New York, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland, Virgina, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota. If I did a geographical boundary (chose the states instead of a center point) of ALL of those states, I'd get some that are over 800 miles away (western Nebraska border is about 810 miles from my house).