How do I remove a souvenir from my profile

beartooth72

I was logging some caches on my iPhone, and I generally make a lot of typing errors because the buttons are so small. I entered a GC code, didn't bother to look at the cache info, wrote a log and submitted it, only to find that I had entered the wrong number. So now I have a really nice looking souvenir for Germany on my profile, but I've never cached there, much less been there. I was hoping that erasing my log would solve the problem, but it didn't. Has this happened to anyone else, and did you fix it? If it turns out that I can't get the souvenir badge erased from my profile, my internal sense of having an unearned, and therefore illicit badge might drive me to take a trip to Germany just to correct the problem. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

I know some people who don't want any to show on their profiles so that is great. Ones that get added by mistake from traveling caches or logging the wrong cache in a state you haven't visited, that works too if you don't want to bug HQ all the time to ask them to remove it. I had Colorado show up once. I just left it there. Then it didn't but if you look through the suggested spot I see it's still there but hidden. That worked cause I actually did Colorado this last weekend. Though the aquired date will be wrong but glad I could unhide it and it shows.

I was logging some caches on my iPhone, and I generally make a lot of typing errors because the buttons are so small. I entered a GC code, didn't bother to look at the cache info, wrote a log and submitted it, only to find that I had entered the wrong number. So now I have a really nice looking souvenir for Germany on my profile, but I've never cached there, much less been there. I was hoping that erasing my log would solve the problem, but it didn't. Has this happened to anyone else, and did you fix it? If it turns out that I can't get the souvenir badge erased from my profile, my internal sense of having an unearned, and therefore illicit badge might drive me to take a trip to Germany just to correct the problem. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

You could do worse. Germany is a great place to visit (and geocache):

e242b039-a9a0-4207-b0bb-e302792f7593.jpg

841.jpg

If it turns out that I can't get the souvenir badge erased from my profile, my internal sense of having an unearned, and therefore illicit badge might drive me to take a trip to Germany just to correct the problem.

That sounds like the best option to me. Ignore all the other advice you're getting and go for it.