Finding Multiple Cache's from the same user

scotske7

I'm a Premium Member and I'd like to find a series of caches from the same User. The user has an outstanding reward for someone who discovers 20 caches that are in a series located in the DC/VA/MD area. I'd like to have them all referenced via my App (IOS on Iphone5S) in some way so that I don't have to manually search for them. Is this even possible to do via the iOS App? Or can I only do it via a Waypoint Download layer to a conventional GPS?? Any tips or guidance here would be useful.

If there isn't an easy way, I'd suggest to the GeoCaching powers that be to build some additional search/flag functionality into the App.

Thanks all!!

For many series of caches, someone (not necessarily the cache owner) will compile them onto a bookmark list. Some owners compile a bookmark list of all their hides, even.

So, look on one of the cache listings to see if there is a bookmark list with a name describing the series or the owner. You can make a pocket query off that bookmark list and download the results onto your iPhone.

Or if there isn't one yet, you could make a bookmark list on your own. You'd still have to visit each cache page, but you could do it from the comfort of home, and have those cache accessible on your app without any extra searching to find the right cache in the field.

I'm a Premium Member and I'd like to find a series of caches from the same User. The user has an outstanding reward for someone who discovers 20 caches that are in a series located in the DC/VA/MD area. I'd like to have them all referenced via my App (IOS on Iphone5S) in some way so that I don't have to manually search for them. Is this even possible to do via the iOS App? Or can I only do it via a Waypoint Download layer to a conventional GPS?? Any tips or guidance here would be useful.

If there isn't an easy way, I'd suggest to the GeoCaching powers that be to build some additional search/flag functionality into the App.

Thanks all!!

I don't know anything about apps.

The easiest way to see all the caches placed by one person would be to do it on the computer. Find one of their caches, and you can click on their username on the cache page to go to their profile.

Once you're there, you can click on the "geocaches" tab, then the next page will set you up to see all the geocaches placed by them, active and archived.

You can make your own bookmark list from there.

B.

A little easier would be run a PQ or API search in GSAK to get all the caches in the area. Filter for the user. Select one and add it to a newly created bookmark list. Then use the API access to add all of them to that list at once.

The list you get on the GS site you can click and download but they are loc files. You still need to dump them in a program that can refresh data and make them complete.