Background pictures

A_Canadian_eh

This will probably be like the several other inquires I have made...obvious to everyone else! My wife and I have about 20 caches (the first ones we have placed) which are being put out for the SCAR2014 event (http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4ZKTZ_saskatoon-cache-and-release-2014). For most of these we had taken pictures we wanted to use as the background for the cache page. I have seen others do this by using a picture that is in the gallery. I have figured out how to load a picture to the gallery while setting up the cache, but the thing I can't figure out is what to fill in for the "Background Image URL" for it to use this picture. Once you stop laughing, can you tell me what I am missing? TIA for any assistance!

Ah, Saskatoon eh? I bet you can see all 4 corners of your Saskatchewan from there. *End obligatory Albertan making a Saskatchewan being flat/square joke.

What you need is the URL for the image. That is, its website so to speak. SO of course it has to be on the internet. Facebook, Flickr, or even uploading it to geocache page. Right click on the picture, select view image. The page will load with only the picture. Copy whatever is in your address bar, and that's the URL.

Ah, Saskatoon eh? I bet you can see all 4 corners of your Saskatchewan from there. *End obligatory Albertan making a Saskatchewan being flat/square joke.

:) :)

Thank you to all who replied.. as I expected, I feel really dumb here. I certainly knew how to load a picture using the URL... I was hung-up on how to know what the URL of a picture in the gallery was.. just never occurred to me to try to open the picture with a right click!