A couple of days ago, I sent the following e-mail to Groundspeak:

Hi HQ,

I just found this and thought you might enjoy it:

My link

Best wishes,

Original A1

They have just replied:

Dear Original A1,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our hamster caches.

Based on the footage you sent us it appears you may have inadvertently activated your hamster cache in "Alive & Hungry" mode rather than in "Geocaching" mode. We have found this to be the case for many hamster caches which were shipped internationally. At present it appears to be a wiring issue.

To reset the hamster cache to its correct olfactory settings please do the following:

1. Lightly tap the reset button, located beneath the two hamstercams and above the fuel intake.

2. Wait ten seconds

3. Test to see if the settings have been restored by separately placing a pinch of dry seed mix and a tiny burrito in front of the hamster cache, an inch apart. A proclivity for the seed mix will indicate the olfactory settings have been restored. If, however, the tiny burrito is preferred, the reset was unsuccessful and we would be happy to refund your purchase.

4. Once the hamster cache has been reset you can enter "Geocaching" mode and watch as the hamster cache delightedly explores every inch of the surface on which you place it, searching for caches.

Once again, thank you for your patience in this matter. Please let us know if this e-mail still leaves you spinning your wheels.

Best,

The Community Team at Geocaching HQ

:lol:

Edited by Original A1