Is it ok to hold a trackable to take to a further away vacation?

michmonster

We found a trackable today that has been in NY for quite a while (started in New Zealand) and hasn't visited any other states.

Would it be best to just move it onto a different cache in NY

Or would it be ok to hold it 2 months til when we are vacationing in NC/TN

We would log it as visiting any other NY caches we go to between now and then.

It's mission is just to travel and maybe eventually find it's friendship tag friend (who appears to have gone missing tho)

This is my first trackable so wanted to make sure we look after it properly

Normally, cachers should move trackables along fairly quickly. If you want to hold on to one for an extended period of time in order to help it achieve its goal, try contacting the trackable's owner through their profile and asking what they would like you to do. I currently have a coin that wants to go to China, It's been travelling for a while and I will be heading there later this year. I've had contact with the owner and I'm hanging on to it to take it. If, after a couple of tries, the owner does not respond to your contacts, then you make the decision. That's the way I do it.

Visiting caches is just annoying. The trackable owner does not get notified, but it fills the TB page with useless info. Ask the TB owner. I'd be glad to have it move to a new area.

Thanks, I didn't realize that, this trackable had previously been held by one person and visited multiple caches in one day.

I won't log it when we cache then.

I've emailed the owner, hopefully I hear back soon

Visiting caches is just annoying. The trackable owner does not get notified, but it fills the TB page with useless info. Ask the TB owner. I'd be glad to have it move to a new area.

Not necessarily.

You might find the practice annoying, but the next person might not. Me, for example.

The first trackable I found I held for about 2 months but the goal was to travel to Maine and since I was headed for NY from KY I held it and so noted in my posting of grabbing it. That got it halfway to its goal.

Personally, I would rather mine stay with someone who will move it where it wants to go instead of just moving it randomly but then I have a goal. I dropped it in a cache in NY with printed goal on it. It kept going around the Buffalo area but moving NE instead of SW to Arizona. Finally it made it to Michigan and someone there took it Texas. Guy who picked it up in Texas said he would move it on when he logged his grab. Then he took it to Michigan. :(

Now, if I didn't have a goal and just wanted it to travel I'd rather it get moved quickly from cache to cache rather than sit with someone for a couple months. So how to handle it depends on whether there is a goal or not and whether holding a short time it will help it meet the goal.

As for visiting caches, I don't really see a point unless it were the guy in Michigan who visited caches on his way to dropping it off in Texas. But visiting 50 caches in a 10 mile radius doesn't strike me as all that interesting.

The goal for the track able is

Current GOAL

Dieser TB besteht aus 2 Teilen.

Er symbolisiert die Freundschaft zwischen Corina aus Deutschland & Radhika aus Neuseeland.

Sie wurden gemeinsam in Neuseeland ausgesetzt und sollen die Welt bereisen.

This TB exists of 2 share.

Itsymbolises the friendship between Corina from Germany & Radhika from New Zealand.

You were put out together in New Zealand and should travel around the world.

Unfortunately it looks like it's partner tag has gone missing :(

I emailed the owner and hope to hear back soon

Thanks, I didn't realize that, this trackable had previously been held by one person and visited multiple caches in one day.

I won't log it when we cache then.

I've emailed the owner, hopefully I hear back soon

My opinion is that page after page after page of visit logs is annoying, but maybe one visit per day of caching in the same area is good, or if on a trip maybe a visit per hour of driving. In other words, visits are not bad per se, but they can easily be overdone.

I heard back from the owner

Hello from Germany,

Thanks for your Mail, we was very happy to read that you found our TB.

Yes sure you can Take the TB to North Carolina and Tennessee in July. We were very happy if you can post some photos from your Travel along.

Sorry for our bad English, we Hope to hear or See soon your GC Way.

Bye Cori & Nico