Bug report: finds count doesn't match statistics page

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but I didn't find it in a search. For a couple of weeks now my find count at the top right of my page and the one on my statistics page haven't matched up. It's always off by one find. I'm actually no longer sure which one is correct, and as I am about to hit a milestone I'd like to know! I know I can edit and lock my milestones, but still! Anyone else having this issue? Any tips for solving it?

Sally

You found one Lab Cache, which explains the difference. As noted in the FAQ's for the experimental lab caches, they count in your overall total find count, but not for your detailed statistics. Since this is not a bug, I am not moving your thread to the bug reports forum.

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but I didn't find it in a search. For a couple of weeks now my find count at the top right of my page and the one on my statistics page haven't matched up. It's always off by one find. I'm actually no longer sure which one is correct, and as I am about to hit a milestone I'd like to know! I know I can edit and lock my milestones, but still! Anyone else having this issue? Any tips for solving it?

Sally

You have found one of those lab caches that are kinda caches and kinda aren't caches, they kinda count to your overall total but kinda don't count towards milestone, you're kinda messed up.

You can delete the find to fix you're stats but:

Warning though, if you delete the lab cache you will never be able to log it again.

Edited by Roman!

Bummer, I guess I missed that in the lab cache FAQs. Thanks for the info. I kinda thought lab caches didn't count as finds at all. Weird. How silly that they count but aren't included in the stats. I don't suppose there's a plan to "fix" that? I can't be the only person who wants their stats to be accurate. Honestly I'd prefer that they not count at all if this is the case!!

Also, which number should I go by to make sure I use the right cache as my next milestone? I have a certain one picked out for 5000 and I'd prefer not to mess that up.

Go by the lower number, don't count the lab cache......for now.

If they ever do fix it and decide lab caches count then you're milestone will be off.

Basically it's a crapshoot, will they count in the future or won't they?

You can go delete the lab cache if you want. A friend dragged me to three at the event in Yuma and I am dealing with that annoying difference in numbers but I don't get all that involved in milestones. More annoying than anything and considering deleting them. If the milestone is all that important to you dump the lab cache and you can get the icon back by going to another mega event or have a friend use his/her one to make a special one for just you.

Edited by Walts Hunting

I have it on good authority (a Groundspeak founder) that lab caches will be added to statistics in the near future.

As for milestones - use whichever number you want, as it only matters to you. Nobody's monitoring your milestone accuracy. :lol:

Heard that one before. Until it shows up in a release report I would consider it wishful thinking.

Oh, yes, next time we see each other I really need to talk to you about your 10K find. :)

You can go delete the lab cache if you want. A friend dragged me to three at the event in Yuma and I am dealing with that annoying difference in numbers but I don't get all that involved in milestones. More annoying than anything and considering deleting them. If the milestone is all that important to you dump the lab cache and you can get the icon back by going to another mega event or have a friend use his/her one to make a special one for just you.

I thought you could only create a lab cache in February. At the end of the month, the ability to create a lab cache expired, as well as the ability to log it.