Pocket Query for Did Not Finds only?

ham fam

You can find them on your profile under logs. Click show all "geocaches" and then Did Not Find. You shouldn't have to many set this early point.

28 so far. Im guessing there is no automatic way to upload them to a bookmark, besides clicking each one to be flagged as a bookmark?

How about this, what exactly does "I haven't found" mean under PQ construction. Does it mean all caches not logged "Found it", or does it mean only caches "not attempted". If it means all caches not logged, then I should be able to use that PQ and filter inside my Explorist GC to only show did not finds. Any thoughts?

How about this, what exactly does "I haven't found" mean under PQ construction. Does it mean all caches not logged "Found it", or does it mean only caches "not attempted".

"I haven't found" means caches that you have not entered a "Found it" log for. If you can create a pocket query that includes all caches in the area(s) where you have looked for caches (and presumably logged DNFs when appropriate), and checked the "I haven't found" box, that pocket query should include all caches you have logged a DNF for.

If it means all caches not logged, then I should be able to use that PQ and filter inside my Explorist GC to only show did not finds. Any thoughts?

I've never used an Explorist GC, but your reasoning seems reasonable. :P

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

Another thought, what does "is enabled" mean under PQ construction tab? Aren't all geocaches enabled? Otherwise they would be archived or something?

"Is enabled" indicates an active cache that's (presumably) there for the finding (in other words, not temporary disabled). A cache can be temporarily disabled due to all sorts of reasons, including pending maintenance, construction in the area, or weather conditions. Archived caches will never appear in pocket query results.

--Larry

Correction number two re archived in Pocket Queries; a pocket query of a bookmark list will return any archived caches on that list.

To ham fam - if you're caching and marking caches as Did Not Find in the Explorist as you're out there, you can bring up that list in the device.

To ham fam - if you're caching and marking caches as Did Not Find in the Explorist as you're out there, you can bring up that list in the device.

I often delete what's on the Explorist GC to keep space open and also so I can load the latest PQs. I know the geocaching.com keeps track of what I have found and have not found. I thought there would be a way to create a PQ of just the DNFs. That way on a day when I'm feeling lucky I can pull that list up and go searching again for the unfound caches.

I often delete what's on the Explorist GC to keep space open and also so I can load the latest PQs. I know the geocaching.com keeps track of what I have found and have not found. I thought there would be a way to create a PQ of just the DNFs. That way on a day when I'm feeling lucky I can pull that list up and go searching again for the unfound caches.

I maintain a bookmark list of every geocache that meets three requirements: I tried and failed to find it at least once, it hasn't been archived, and it's worth another try. Every few months, I run a pocket query based on that list and plan my caching day around it. My list of "DNFs that are still haunting me" currently includes 62 caches.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

I maintain a bookmark list of every geocache that meets three requirements: I tried and failed to find it at least once, it hasn't been archived, and it's worth another try. Every few months, I run a pocket query based on that list and plan my caching day around it. My list of "DNFs that are still haunting me" currently includes 62 caches.

--Larry

So you basically have to remember that when you don't find one, to add it to your bookmark list. I was hoping there was a way to automate that with a PQ, without adding to the book mark. But I like your idea and will probably do that myself. By the way thanks for all the info, I like knowing as much information as possible so that I can really get the most out of the website.

Edited by ham fam