New published caches not showing up

Beefcake The Mighty

Well since the OP is receiving notifications, they are set up.....

They are just set up wrong. For the notifications, you are able to have them for anywhere, not just your home. http://www.geocaching.com/notify and just open up a cache close to you, and use those co-ords. One notification can be for any action relating to a cache type, that is Publish, found it, update co-ords, etc. BUT you have to set up a different notification for each type-that is one for traditional caches, on for multi's, one for events, one for CITO's, etc.

Your notifications have origin points that differ from what you have set as your home coordinates. Your traditional cache notification is about 1.6 miles from your home while your multi notification is about 53 miles away. You should edit your notifications and set the origin point to what you want it to be.

I added the different cache type, but I'm still puzzed because the coordinates were correct and the cache placed right by my house was traditional as I had my first notification set up. And why do I get the publishing of caches far away?

Then go to the page of the cache that was published near your house. Use the co-ords on that cache page as the basis for your notifications. Delete the others, or change them to the co-ords.

Moun10bike is the "tech guy" and is able to access our accounts, so I would trust him when he says your notification co-ords are what he had said.