How Do I Handle Photos of Trackables?

pkohler01

Some of the trackables I've picked up include a request for photos of the object as it moves around. When logging updates of a trackable, there doesn't seem to be an option to include a photo. How does the community typically handle this? Is it really just a matter of posting the photo of the object going into the cache you drop it off in along with the log for that cache or am I missing the option to include photos of the object on the objects trackable log page whatever?

Once you've logged your trackable you can go back to your log and there is an option to add photos in the upper right hand corner. Click on that to add your photo. You can post a photo of you dropping it into a cache or if the trackable page asks for a photo of it at a specific place (I found one that wanted to be photographed at major league baseball stadiums and another that wanted to have photos of a view at a mountain summit) post those.

Just be sure to not to show the tracking number in your photo. That is considered to be bad form because some people actually will see the photo and create phony logs.

Edited by briansnat

Photos are always welcome! Just to add, as above, don't show the tracking number on the TB in the photo. :)

Hi, that's exactly my problem: I made pictures and have the tracking number on it. How can I edit the pictures, or delete them?

Inserting cleaned pictures is not a problem. I do it like i posted the wrong ones..

regards

Photos are always welcome! Just to add, as above, don't show the tracking number on the TB in the photo. :)

Hi, that's exactly my problem: I made pictures and have the tracking number on it. How can I edit the pictures, or delete them?

Inserting cleaned pictures is not a problem. I do it like i posted the wrong ones..

regards

There are free photo editors available so you can blur the code out. Just some examples, Pixlr and Picassa are web-based, Paint.net and GIMP you need to download.