Link to a video as part of cache listing?

Rumager

I think it may be due to the 2007 publish date, as I believe it may be prevented now. I do know that any commercial content (ads on the page, video, etc.) would definitely prohibit it. You may be able to embed a video, though I've never seen if the page code allows for such. I know animated gifs work (though very annoying on the iPhone app) but a consideration if at all possible as a work around.

Is it permissible to include a link on a cache page to a video as part of a puzzle cache?

Thanks in advance :)

There was one published in the NE last year that had links to videos http://coord.info/GC44Q7A and I've seen plenty of others.

I don't think there's anything in the guidelines that prohibit them if done with links like this.

Probably best asking your local reviewer

Links to YouTube are allowed. Links to any other video site may be OK as long as they don't breach the guideline on commercial caches. For example, the site hosting the video is commercial and has advertisements on it.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

Links to YouTube are allowed. Links to any other video site may be OK as long as they don't breach the guideline on commercial caches. For example, the site hosting the video is commercial and has advertisements on it.

Chris

Graculus

UK Geocaching Wiki

That means a site like YouTube is out because they are nothing but advertisements?

Chris

Graculus

UK Geocaching Wiki

That means a site like YouTube is out because they are nothing but advertisements?

Good point.

Does anyone know how to actually DO it? I have set up a cache page for a puzzle cache based on a video/song I recorded that is not for sale. I had saved my work, but now the easy edit tools are gone and everything has to be coded with HTML which I don't know how to do. Am I going to have to archive what I have and start over, or is there an easy way to embed or at least link to my video on my cache page? I will need step by step instructions.

Does anyone know how to actually DO it? I have set up a cache page for a puzzle cache based on a video/song I recorded that is not for sale. I had saved my work, but now the easy edit tools are gone and everything has to be coded with HTML which I don't know how to do. Am I going to have to archive what I have and start over, or is there an easy way to embed or at least link to my video on my cache page? I will need step by step instructions.

Load the video somewhere. Youtube will give you the HTML link to add to another page.

(Check with your reviewer, youtube used to be allowed, if you don't have your own website)

http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/ is worth looking at, it has a few tips for HTML for cache pages.