Voting

GT.US

I don't understand why people send things to group vote without a comment. As a officer, it would help to know that someone else noticed something I didn't. Sometimes there are subtle details that are unnoticed in the category.

As the person whose waymark has gone to group vote, I benefit from the comments, regardless of whether it is approved or not.

When I get back comments like this:

Your waymark was voted on by the category managers, here is the list of comments by the various members: Initial vote call comment:[none] Vote comments:

All I got from it was a five month wait in group vote glitch limbo.

Speaking of Group Vote Glitch limbo, it's been 4-5 year, is a fix that low of a priority?

I don't understand why people send things to group vote without a comment. As a officer, it would help to know that someone else noticed something I didn't. Sometimes there are subtle details that are unnoticed in the category.

As the person whose waymark has gone to group vote, I benefit from the comments, regardless of whether it is approved or not.

Your waymark was voted on by the category managers, here is the list of comments by the various members: Initial vote call comment:[none] Vote comments:

Speaking of Group Vote Glitch limbo, it's been 4-5 year, is a fix that low of a priority?

That is a valid complaint. I wonder if it's an issue of officers just not realizing how important that "send to group vote" comment is. Probably not. :rolleyes:

Not sure how I missed this message, but I thought I'd comment...

On the flip side of this subject - when approving a waymark - why not make a comment?

Even if it is just "Thanks for your Waymark, Nice Photos, or It looks like you did a lot of research on this one".

If you have to decline a waymark, don't say: "please read requirements and resubmit", tell the person WHY. They might not have understood what is being asked for.

This issue continues to pop up.

I do agree that when an officer sends a waymark for a vote they should give some reason for it so that others can give due consideration. I also would prefer that the officers identify themselves when doing so. There really is no reason for anonymity among officers.

I try never to decline a waymark without giving specific reasons, and frequently with suggestions. I will often quote, or at least refer to, the relevant part of our posting instructions, along with the suggestion that these be read if it is obvious that they have really missed the boat.

Commenting on accepted waymarks is a little more spotty. Blue Quasar was the master of this! Always a pithy comment. I try at least to give thanks, but sometimes I miss. And, for quick waymarks, usually commercial categories like McDonalds or Chinese Restaurants, I'm more likely just to click through. I try always to "sign" my declines, sometimes my accepts, although the person can always see that if they want.