Do I have To Name My New Travel Bugs?

WoodGlue

No you dont have to name them, they're yours to do what you want to do with them. I have 2 tb's out travelling and they both have names. one describes what it is, cool hi tops a pair of hi top boots, and the second, Douglas and Ambers rambles named after my dogs and their love of getting out in the woods and fields.

A name also gives cachers a handle to remember tb's they have seen and maybe remember if it's good.

I have seen lots named after the item attached to it.

A name gives an inanimate object an identity, turns it into a living thing.If you dont give them a name all that they have is a tracking code.

And left the tracking numbers visable in pics. Lotta hits from Europe already.

I made a huge mistake, right?

WoodGlue

I wouldn't call it a huge mistake, but enough folks share and word gets out to a Reviewer or GC.com, there's a good chance your brand-new trackables could get locked for abuse.

Ok, first thing you need to do is remove the photos of the tb tags from the tb page and replace them with new photos with the tracking numbers removed by using a photo editing program or by turning the tag over so that it is not visible. Then only people who find them can post logs.

I think I am right in believing that these bugs have already been placed inside caches, is this correct? If so then you have a problem. You have said that you want them to travel and yet they are showing as being in your possession and have zero miles travelled.

What I suggest you do is edit each trackables page and mark them as non collectible, there is a checkbox. This means that people will know that they are your possessions and are not meant to be kept by them. If they have been released then at the moment you do not know where they are,who has them or where they have been.

Then, and I am not entirely sure of this and hopefully someone can confirm or correct this, I believe that you will have to mark them as missing. This means that whoever finds them next will be able to log a retrieved log and then tracking will be enabled.

Of course if you haven't released them I'm just talking rubbish and please ignore me.