Put a TB or GC in my cache?

coastiewife24

How do i log a TB or GC someone placed in my cache? Such a newbie question, i know. haha

I assume by "GC" you mean "Geocoin", not "geocache", 'cause that wouldn't make ANY sense.

If you're going to remove the item from the cache, simply file a 'retrieve' log as you would if it were in someone else's cache. If you're going to leave it in there, file a 'discovered' log.

You would do these from the item's webpage as opposed to doing it on the cache's webpage because you're not interacting with the cache at all, log-wise.

----

If, however, you're talking about logging a TB INTO your cache that you found IN there but not registered as BEING in there, then two things:

1. Give it a little time for the person who dropped it to log it. Couple of days, at least. Not everybody logs 'live'.

B. After a while, contact the person in who's possession it's listed. Contact them and gently remind them to log it in. You CAN offer to do it yourself with their permission - file a "GRAB" log, then a "DROPPED OFF" log. I don't think I'd do that, tho.

----

Or, are you talking about something else?

How do i log a TB or GC someone placed in my cache? Such a newbie question, i know. haha

I assume by "GC" you mean "Geocoin", not "geocache", 'cause that wouldn't make ANY sense.

If you're going to remove the item from the cache, simply file a 'retrieve' log as you would if it were in someone else's cache. If you're going to leave it in there, file a 'discovered' log.

You would do these from the item's webpage as opposed to doing it on the cache's webpage because you're not interacting with the cache at all, log-wise.

----

If, however, you're talking about logging a TB INTO your cache that you found IN there but not registered as BEING in there, then two things:

1. Give it a little time for the person who dropped it to log it. Couple of days, at least. Not everybody logs 'live'.

B. After a while, contact the person in who's possession it's listed. Contact them and gently remind them to log it in. You CAN offer to do it yourself with their permission - file a "GRAB" log, then a "DROPPED OFF" log. I don't think I'd do that, tho.

----

Perfect, thank you!

----

----

Perfect, thank you!

What's a TB? sorry for appearing thick

H