device not found

ponchof

trying to download the garmin communicator but it is not downloading? any other advice?

I have upgraded to Communicator 4.1.0 on both my IE11 and Google browsers. After downloading, the plug-in says that it recognizes my device, however, when I go to a cache page and attempt to "send to my GPS", the device isn't recognized.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at or doing?

trying to download the garmin communicator but it is not downloading? any other advice?

I have upgraded to Communicator 4.1.0 on both my IE11 and Google browsers. After downloading, the plug-in says that it recognizes my device, however, when I go to a cache page and attempt to "send to my GPS", the device isn't recognized.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at or doing?

NOTE: The top-most review on that download page (Communicator 4.1.0) says it works for Google Chrome browser -- it doesn't say Google browser.

As an aside -- check the "Compatibility Mode" for your browser(s?). Look for a torn page icon in top bar menu or in "Tools".

Here is what worked for me when I had that problem....Open a cache page, before you click on Send to GPS, go to the tools in your browser and add that page to in the Compatibility View settings, then try to Send to GPS.....Good Luck...

Clicking on Compatibility settings from a particular cache page works and allows me to "send to my GPS", but are you saying that I will now need to do that for every cache which I wish to send to my GPS? That seems like an awful waste of time, and a step that wasn't required before the upgrade.

Here is what worked for me when I had that problem....Open a cache page, before you click on Send to GPS, go to the tools in your browser and add that page to in the Compatibility View settings, then try to Send to GPS.....Good Luck...

Clicking on Compatibility settings from a particular cache page works and allows me to "send to my GPS", but are you saying that I will now need to do that for every cache which I wish to send to my GPS? That seems like an awful waste of time, and a step that wasn't required before the upgrade.

You should be able to simply change the setting and it *should* remain that way until you change it again.

Guessing here (only a guess, because we stopped using IE a loooong time ago, switched to Mozilla Firefox), if you set it in Compatibility Mode while in (or specify) geocaching.com, it should remain that way for that website.

Failing that... try this that I just found in a web search: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html . The ticket to the whole shebang should be there.

Worked for me! Thanks. Got a new computer with WIN 8. Jeez.