Garmin Dakota 20 clearance at BB

I was looking for a hand held GPS and saw that my local Best Buy has the Dakota 20 on clearance for 136.99. I picked one up at the South San Francisco location and they had 3 more. BB being a national chain, they might be on clearance other places too and thought I would just mention it for anyone who is new like me and looking to buy a cheaper GPS unit for getting started and learning.

Sorry if this was an inappropriate place to post the info.

I pretty much decided on this one because of the price. I had no clue what to get and I didn't want to be that person with a super fancy GPS and no clue how to use it. (my mom has an iphone 5 and can't figure out what I mean when I say "just google it" drives me nuts)

I have figured out how to get topo and road maps on it. I can get geocaching.com to send caches to it. But the rest I am still working on learning. Oh well, new skills are worth learning right? I need to find a class on GPS use, I do better with verbal instructions then I do reading tech manuals.

I was looking for a hand held GPS and saw that my local Best Buy has the Dakota 20 on clearance for 136.99. I picked one up at the South San Francisco location and they had 3 more. BB being a national chain, they might be on clearance other places too and thought I would just mention it for anyone who is new like me and looking to buy a cheaper GPS unit for getting started and learning.

They are available refurbished at $139.99 for 6 more days on a groupon at: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-garmin-dakota-20-waterproof-hiking-gps?p=1&utm_source=pc_goods&utm_medium=email&sid=2cce4f15-dcc7-41bd-9753-7ccc0572fdc6&division=napa-sonoma&user=4da810d361007e6d25eebcbb0884161180985213303a19f8dbf3383898d128e3&date=20140209&s=body&c=button&d=Goods-PN-Hero

I was able to buy a refursbished Garmin Dakota 10 on ebay for $99. I can't complain it works very well. It's basically like a scaled down Dakota 20. There is no North compass, but a geocache compass. So far, It seems very accurate, with it's best satellite reception it will come as close to 5-10 feet of accuracy. Also, the paperless caching is a god send. The only problem is loading maps, it dosen't have an SD card slot so you have to rely on a 900+/- MB internal storage for maps. Most downloadable maps are far larger than the internal can handle. If anyone has any experience with loading maps on a Dakota 10 please let me know.

The Garmin 20 you got is a keeper in my opinion.